• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas gauge still not working

Pahighlander

Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
I purchased new resistor for gauge assmebly and still dont have any reading even if I ground the sending wire. Any ideas on what to try next?

Have you tightened the nuts on the back of the cluster?

If you have a volt meter check the continuity of the wire running to the dash. It maybe pinched. Have you checked the sending unit?

Have you ran a ground from the sender to a good body ground? I have had to that before on more than one car to get it working.
Al

Test gauge. 5 volt from limiter on + side
Ground other side of gauge -
If the gauge sweeps work back from there.
If not you need to sort the + side going to the gauge.
Obviously if you confirm 5 volts in and good ground and still no sweep then the gauge is bad.

checked the 5 volts good. ground is good. I guess the gauge is bad. Where can I get one at?

You can check with Shannon at redlinegaugeworks.com 661-259-8891
He has done 14 cars gauges for me and may be able to repair your gauge.

If the picture of the 65 Plymouth is what you are working on,,Shannon put a factory looking 6 grand tach in the in the clock spot of the cluster. He also did 2 64 Plymouth tachs in the clock spot of their clusters.I may have a picture of the 64 cluster.

If the picture of the 65 Plymouth is what you are working on,,Shannon put a factory looking 6 grand tach in the in the clock spot of the cluster. He also did 2 64 Plymouth tachs in the clock spot of their clusters.I may have a picture of the 64 cluster.

Shannon did an awesome job with my dash. Thanks again.

Auto Transport Service
Back