• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with updating my radio in my 65 Sat.

Pahighlander

Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
I was at Mopar Carlise last summer and I talked to a husband and wife vendor who was there and they would take your old radio and update it with new components so it still looked original. My problem is that I lost there contact info. Would any one on here know who I might have talked to? God bless my wife for she had went and took the radio out of my car by her self and had it packaged to surprize me for Christmas but could not find my contact info for the vendor, So I told her some one on here would probably know. If you anyone here does I would appricate the info. Thanks again.

Hemmings Motor News has ads for that type of service!or log on to my classic car they had a piece on that some time ago. Mopar Collectors Guide might be useful.

Radio

I was at Mopar Carlise last summer and I talked to a husband and wife vendor who was there and they would take your old radio and update it with new components so it still looked original. My problem is that I lost there contact info. Would any one on here know who I might have talked to? God bless my wife for she had went and took the radio out of my car by her self and had it packaged to surprize me for Christmas but could not find my contact info for the vendor, So I told her some one on here would probably know. If you anyone here does I would appricate the info. Thanks again.

Highlander

Sent a pm with info,not sure if this is the vendor.
I got on the web site and his wife does help with the radio conversions.

Hope this is the one.

Jeff

Last edited:
I used Gary Tayman out of Florida: http://taymanelectrical.com/ He is more than happy to talk with you prior to you sending him anything. 941-371-8924 (8:30-5 M-F) or e-mail [email protected]
Very prompt & professional. Even trouble shot with me over the phone when I 1st installed it (turned out to be a bad connection on the re-pop antenna).
Aside from the ports for hooking up an MP3, it looks original from the outside. Even retained the original plug for hooking bck up to the factory wire harness! Radio came back with an instruction manual on how to operate. I was not looking for a high $,$$$ system, and paired with some decent speakers, it doesn't sound to shabby. Give him a call. If you search 'classic car radio rebuild' or restoration you will find they all are doing pretty much the same thing...for about the same price. Gary did not add any red or green lights in the face to indicate AM/ FM like others do. I could see them inside the housing by peeking through the vent holes, but that's fine...as long as it looked original in the dash. Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back