• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to reach trim bolt on 65 satellite

Pahighlander

Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
Well I have been working on reinstalling the trim and how do you reach the nut for rear ss trim at the bottom rear side window. I drilled a hole on the inside to access it on the left side but what is the correct way?

Attachments

• 100_0685.jpg
    100_0685.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 291
That seems odd. Are you sure it wasn't originally an external push-type fastener?

I'm pretty sure mine had a hole already. I got the trim off way back when and I don't remember it giving me a hard time. I'll look tomorrow and see if I can provide some info.

Which piece are you talking about? The one that runs down the back of the rear quarter window or the one that runs along the bottom of the windows? IIRC, the one that runs down the back of the window is the one that bolts in place and yes, my Sat has an access hole right behind the headliner on the rear sail panel. I think the lower piece just snaps into place.

The rear portion of the piece in question (runs along the belt line to the bottom of the "C" pillar) was originally held in place by a sprung push-clip. Most of those didn't survive due to rust and have been replaced by machine screws and lock nuts. My entire clip was weakened by rust and so I made new clips using stainless sheet cut to size with a machine screw. The clip is then inserted into the trim's channel and can be secured from the inside using a small deep well socket.

My 64 has original clips that have a stud and nut, and they gotta go on before the headliner is is in or your gonna screw yourself so to speak.

It was the lower piece. I have them all on now. what a pain in the but. I wa s unable to get the snap on clamps so I made due with backyard engineering.

Auto Transport Service
Back