• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need measurement on body floor pan muffler bracket

stubbygda

Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
i am adding the left side muffler bracket on the floor pan on my 68 charger with 383 and when i locate it on the 4 dimples it is higher than the welded right side by an inch or so. i am guessing at some point somebody welded the right one on and didn’t locate it correctly. anyway does anyone have the measurement to the center of hole as shown in the photo?? i get about 7” from crease where floor flattens and about 51/2” from the side. the welded one also seems to be welded crooked don’t know if this is how it is supposed to be. again throwing some suspiciousness toward its correct location. the exhaust on it was a hacked mess of different brackets. any help appreciated.
thanks

image0.jpeg

As I recall there are dimples on the pan where the bracket mounts.

yep i found the dimples for the left side the problem is that the welded right side is not at the same distance from the floor pan as the bracket using the dimples. so i am trying to figure out if the welded one on right is correct or not. unfortunately unless you have a pristine car there is no telling what folks have done to the car in previous years.

The two brackets (L&R) are not identical. The right side bracket is welded from the factory & that should be in the right spot. As others have said, the dimples are there for the left side bracket.

right i got that but i expected the holes for the muffler brackets to be close to the same or otherwise seems the tail pipes won’t be level

right i got that but i expected the holes for the muffler brackets to be close to the same or otherwise seems the tail pipes won’t be level
Don't worry about it. I used a TTI exhaust including hangars and did not find it an issue.

Different car (70 GTX) but same location. 7 in down and 5 1/2 in in on both sides.

yep i found the dimples for the left side the problem is that the welded right side is not at the same distance from the floor pan as the bracket using the dimples. so i am trying to figure out if the welded one on right is correct or not. unfortunately unless you have a pristine car there is no telling what folks have done to the car in previous years.
The last guy that welded it was probably a union worker that didn't give 2 sh¡ts . Back in 68.
Bolt on at the dimples and adjust hanger later.

yep, sounds good thanks to everyone for your help.

Auto Transport Service
Back