• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new member here

jdrahota

Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
Just joined b bodies only, looks like a wealth of information here thanks for having me. My project is a 68 GTX been sitting in a quonset for 35 years while the owner did a little here little there amount of work to it most of the GTX only pieces are missing so that should be fun to find. Its a 4 speed dana 60 car and they are still in it at least and it also is virtually rust free. gtx 001.jpg

gtx 001.jpg

Welcome to FBBO! I have a 68 GTX for 43 years. You have a sweetheart to play with. Do her justice and keep us updated. You have a beautiful ride there....

Welcome from MI. Are you going to restore it, restomod, etc. what are your plans?

plan to go back to original it was silver paint with black stripes and special black hood treatment interior is also black seats and headliner are already recovered with legendary covers need to find a grille hood and 150 speedo with tach and the wood trim for dash still. just need to sand guide coat and body will be painted soon the jambs are allready done. Provided finding the pieces i need and they dont take my life savings i hope to have it back on the road for the first time in 35 years by spring. Car only had 40,000 miles put on before it was parked it was in a minor fender bender on front right side and owner sold it to the guy i got it from. He fixed it then let it sit all these years.

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!

A 68 GTX, 4-speed Dana car?

Lucky you!

Lucky find! Where's the side marker light holes? Can't see them but it might be my little phone though.....

no your eyes are good the guy shaved them for a smoother look i guess. I believe i will bring them back

68 GTX 440 4 speed Dana-60 Sweet project, 68's are my favorites

welcome to FBBO from Hot & Dry NorCal

Welcome to the site .Looks like a sweet gtx I used to sit at the computer 10-15 years ago and look at these wishing I could own one .when I got old enough to buy a car well no gtx yet just a bunch of chargers
Good luck with it .
Deff put the side marker light back in .

Update for you guys got some paint on the gtx motors actually in now just got to finish restoring the trim parts and get her back together.

gtx.jpg gtx2.jpg gtx3.jpg

You have made a lot of progress in a year. Nice looking car! My favorite...

Auto Transport Service
Back