• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve covers wedge clone?

Pahighlander

Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
Well were getting the crossram together now. The valve covers that are on it now have clearnce issues with ps manifold and the inside lip for gaskit hits the AnA intake. I could massage them and make them work but would rather not. What valve covers work the best and any place to buy them at? This is a 440 block and heads.

Attachments

• IMG00175.jpg
    IMG00175.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG00176.jpg
    IMG00176.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 310
valley pan

Yes, we did. It was just left on while reinstalling motor. I think something a little shorter valve cover would work better but which one is the golden question.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG00177.jpg
    IMG00177.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG00180.jpg
    IMG00180.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 265
Only way you'll be able to get any valve cover with a max wedge crossram on is to loosen up the exhaust manifold on passenger side and pull it away from the head.
just remember about the water passage in the #8 manifold bolt hole.

Attachments

• 63 plymouth @ cecil county 4.18.09.jpg
    63 plymouth @ cecil county 4.18.09.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 249
I looks like you may be using after market valve covers that are a little squarer in shape than the original Mopar valve covers. I had the original covers on my Max Wedge and they didn't hit against the intake manifold.

clearance

You'll have to use the original covers!after markets are too wide at the top.

And you may have to do this depending on what rocker arms you are using.

Attachments

• PA200271.JPG
    PA200271.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 227
I used Crane gold adjustable rocker arms on my Max Wedge, and they hit against the baffle inside the valve covers. I used 2 thick gaskets glued together to give the clearance needed for the rocker arms.

Auto Transport Service
Back