• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What assembly plant?

Krooser

Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
Wondering what assembly plant my Coronet came from...

I have most of the other stuff figured out...273, auto, red, black interior, 3 speed wipers, floor shift, console yadayadayada...

Thanks

IMG_20230913_164329503~3.jpg

IMG_20230913_164523531.jpg

Not sure on a 65 but looks like very late production:thumbsup:

Looks like the vin plate has a couple unreadable characters at the beginning. If that is the case and if it's the same as 1967 codes I found, the seventh digit, a 1, would indicate Lynch Rd Michigan. This may help or confuse the issue but I'm having trouble finding the decode for my fender mounted data plate with a vin that would also be lynch facility. This info seems to elusive. My 66 Charger I just acquired begins with XP (Dodge Charger, Premium then 29 (2door sports hardtop) and so on.

On the 66, the rad support # should coincide with the fender tag.
The vin should be XP29E61[132654] or whatever.

Mark...would you please do the same for my car. I have not been able to find the source info for a 66 Charger. It would be much appreciated and save me countless hours of web surfing. :) Wife showed me how to rotate the photo. I'm computer dumb.

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

Last edited:
Different format in '66 than '65. Here's what I come up with - hopefully legible.

View attachment 1680164
Thanks again! Lots of codes we rarely see up here. One thing is the lower right, must actually mean lower door jambs. Chargers have a full door panel unlike all the other cars

I believe this is correct for your car?

View attachment 1679834

View attachment 1679835

I believe you are correct!!!!

Those Lunch Road cars are kinda weird....not only on deciphering codes. I wondered why this Coronet is RHD, has one Studebaker fender and is a rear engine!

Many thanks to all that chimed into help... It was a lot like deciphering the Enigma codes during WWII!!!

Now I'm off to find a numbers matching set of Lynch Road windshield wiper blades...

Auto Transport Service
Back