• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy molding clips?

Pahighlander

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
I am polishing the moldings and rocker paanels on my 65 Satellite and some are missing. where is a good source to purchase them?
Thanks

Thanks again

Thank you for the help. You guys are making this project much easier. I must say this is the most informental fourm I have ever been on.
THANK YOU..

Joe Suchy sells them also. Not sure how his prices compare, but that's where I got mine.

molding clips

i need some body side molding clips. try everywhere. even them places they metion no luck

clips

65 satellite. i try the places they mention. i try every body. there is a ebay seller that is selling rocker clips that he had made up. i was needing plastic body side molding clips. hell, i can't find used ones

clips

themoparshop.com , try these people.

The guy on eBay wants $160 and the clip companies aren't much cheaper--I made my own out of stainless sheet, drilled two holes, inserted spring clips, carefully fitted them into the rocker molding--lined everything up and snapped them on. Follow with the wheel well moldings and everything locks in properly. Looks great--tight fit, no rattles.

Incidentally, the stainless moldings are very forgiving--if you've got dings, you can push them out from behind, file them level, and slowly reduce the abrasiveness of your materials to a brilliant shine. Emery cloth, 800 sand paper, a buffing wheel (I simply used my bench grinder with a buffing wheel) some good metal polish, and patience.

Last edited:
More problems with removing molding

Well my moldings on top of the door dont even have any clips to refernce to, they were double sided taped on. Can any one assit me in finding the correct clips and how do you remove the molding around the door window. I was working in it late last night and it was kicking mu butt. Also I am having trouble removeing the trim at the bottom rear side glass. The door just came off easy after removing the screws but the back one still seems attached. I see the screws holding the top moldings but the glass trim is preventing access to those screws. How do you remove that????

Attachments

• IMG00193.jpg
    IMG00193.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG00194.jpg
    IMG00194.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG00195.jpg
    IMG00195.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 222
clips

the seal pulls out of the channel. the channel has screws in it .the clip where the double side tape was at, is made of metal, i need one to. where to find them i don,t know. the use ones are to far gone, rusted away. the back roof trim that go,s down the rear pillar has three screws , you can see them from the outside. at the bottom of the trim piece there is a stud with a nut on it. you to get it from the in side, its behind the sail panel, where your interior light is. be careful, that clip is hard to find to.

Auto Transport Service
Back