• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Jeep Wrangler

tommytunes

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Guys,
Per Chrysler I am having my 2020 Jeep Wrangler repainted because of a recall. Paint is bubbling.
Why are they going to order new doors, hinges, and hood. The Jeep is almost all aluminum.
Can't they sand it down prime and repaint? Why new parts, 1 year wait to complete.
Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Tom

Guys,
Per Chrysler I am having my 2020 Jeep Wrangler repainted because of a recall. Paint is bubbling.
Why are they going to order new doors, hinges, and hood. The Jeep is almost all aluminum.
Can't they sand it down prime and repaint? Why new parts, 1 year wait to complete.
Thanks Tom
I would of asked my dealerships service department. What recall is this? Number?

Guys,
Thanks Tom
Corrosion in the door seams in the common problem on those….which means complete strip to bare metal and tear down , grind the skin off, blast and corrosion protect the structure, install a new skin, prep and paint.

although we regularly do that sort of stuff to our old b bodies, it’s pretty impractical for dealerships to do restoration type work to ensure the problem doesn’t come right back, and corporate never wants to pay labor for that kind of thing if they can avoid it.

Lots of late model Jeep forums are out there to see what other owners are saying. Here’s one: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2020-corrosion-warranty-repair-progress.112400/

Auto Transport Service
Back