• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for 67-69 11” bell housing

Ceedawg

Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
I don’t wanna pay a lot for this muffler

67and 68- 69 has a different dia hole for the trans . so you need to what year trans your using to match
Yea I know but it don’t matter, my trans has small bearing retainer and I have the ring. Plus I have the 11” flywheel, clutch and plate are new. My original 64 had the 10-1/2 but have no wheel. Not sure if the 10-1/2 will hold the hot 440.
If I find a Hemi bell for the 66 I’ll use the blow proof I have.

I have a factory 10.5" 440-6, c.1970 Challenger

Last edited:
Yea I know but it don’t matter, my trans has small bearing retainer and I have the ring. Plus I have the 11” flywheel, clutch and plate are new. My original 64 had the 10-1/2 but have no wheel. Not sure if the 10-1/2 will hold the hot 440.
You can use a 10 7/8 clutch on a 10.5” set up

ok was just trying to help out .have a good day

All Dan Brewer shows right now in 11" is the aluminum one for like $450.
Even when he had them, ones like the one on my Fred (262 part number end) was like $650.

I’ll put this swap on the back burner for till I come across all the pieces. I’ll look for a BB SB 10-1/2” wheel also

I wonder what the engineering rational was for reducing the clutch size for 440/6 and Hemi cars. Isn't bigger better? Weight of rotating mass?

I wonder what the engineering rational was for reducing the clutch size for 440/6 and Hemi cars. Isn't bigger better? Weight of rotating mass?
I'm wondering that myself. One thing for sure - there's a lot more choices in replacement clutches out there
in 10 1/2" than there is in 11".

Going from the 11” 143 tooth to the 10-1/2 130 tooth and same starter will spin engine faster. The newer ‘10-1/2’ is really 10-7/8 scalloped clutch but in a smaller profile package.

Auto Transport Service
Back