• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NHRA classes 2023-2024

64plybelvwgn

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
In watching recent NHRA events ( youtube ) I see older engines in later model cars. Example: 64 cross-ram in a 67 belvedere. Cheby 283 in an 81 Camaro. The window designations appear like SS/AM or similar. Is this an original advertised HP with the later model weight ?

In advance, thanks to anyone who can clarify this as I'm getting nothing off the NHRA website ... or I'm looking under the wrong areas.

Yes you can switch engines in super stock. Super stock GT is what it is called. They have their own horsepower and weight ratings for traditional SS, and then SSGT has separate horsepower and weight ratings. You can convert a front drive car to V8 rear drive.

You can see 60's cars with different engines than factory. So a 68 nova in GT/MA. Then a 1969 Camaro with a newer fuel Injected engine from a copo Camaro FGT/G

Auto Transport Service
Back