• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 RR: Carpet color with black and silver interior

Kevin74

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

My 68 Roadrunner has the two tone black/silver bench seats, the headliner is silver, and the carpet is completely missing.

Just wondering what carpet you guys think would look best. Black carpet or silver carpet.

Thanks!

What about black carpet with silver mats or vice versa? Might look classy....or cheesy.

Agree - Black

I vote black carpet with ANY color!! Have you ever seen how hard it is to keep the light colored carpets good looking?

If it’s a 4 speed car I believe you could get any color you want as long as it was black.:lol:

Tie in some silver with embroidered floor mats with silver thread :p

IMG_3053.jpeg

I vote black carpet with ANY color!! Have you ever seen how hard it is to keep the light colored carpets good looking?

You're obviously not in the "red" part of Texas.

...or Georgia...or Florida...

"Sugar sand" is hard to keep out of vehicles here.

Turns black carpet tan.

When I was in Amarillo, they had the same issue with red/tan sand but they had it worse because of that wind out of the North/North East that according to the locals "never stops blowing".

Base interior in silver & black got black carpet for 4-speeds, black rubber floor covering for automatics.
Per original cars (owned 2) and the factory info.

Auto Transport Service
Back