• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 charger lowered leaf springs

velrob

Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
i am rebuilding my current leaf springs and wondering if i should go new

i want to lower my car to something like in the picture

will the ride be horrible?

does that look like 27" wide tire in rear?

would i be able to use lowering blocks 2.5" lowered leaf springs new?

i dont know at what point itll be like im driving on a concrete block with no suspension

3103653bc0927dc4cf2fede5c41a27e0.png

That car in the picture has to have air bags, your guess is as good as anyone else's on the tire size from that picture.

ah ok. if i did a 2 1/2 drop would i need the different drop spindles?

Consider lowering the car will create an issue with you axial 3rd member hitting the lower pan. Typically an axial snubber helps but your springs will be weak resulting in more movement. Recommend air bags for car show when parked. on the road, maintain enough height to control your chassis ride.

I mocked up 2.5" drop spindles and 1" de-arched rear springs and they do not look nearly that low, so I agree that it probably has airbags. If you assume those are 15" wheels, you can guesstimate the height of the wheel opening. You will have geometry issues if you go lower than the 2.5" drop spindles with the stock torsion bars, and I believe there is already some stipulation attached to some of them. I do not recall what though, as I ignored it :)

i think 2.5" would be ok for me. maybe air bags at a later date.

whats the biggest low pro id be able to fit with 2.5" drop?

if i went with larger torsion bars could i get away with the drop spindles?

im thinking of getting leaf springs stock height and putting lowering blocks versus getting lowered springs and deciding i dont want low look anymore and buying new springs

i think 2.5" would be ok for me. maybe air bags at a later date.

whats the biggest low pro id be able to fit with 2.5" drop?

if i went with larger torsion bars could i get away with the drop spindles?

im thinking of getting leaf springs stock height and putting lowering blocks versus getting lowered springs and deciding i dont want low look anymore and buying new springs
Why don't you just get a 4 link with coilovers n drop springs, can raise and lower whenever you want tube shocks however you want etc.

oh wow yea that looks great.

i dont think ill do that just yet. if between the two ill go for coilovers looks great seems around 2k for a kit

Whatever you do, make sure you keep all your stock parts! I realize the lowered look is in style nowadays, but it wont be forever.

yea i was thinking the same thing.

i might get bored of it and go back to stock height

thx

Auto Transport Service
Back