• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC car - conversion to new AC - advise

does it come with the thermostat bulb or the one that goes into the feed line?

does anyone have info on how to set up the thermostat for the ac?
The line from the thermostat and capillary tube are clamped to the metal suction as close to the evaporator as possible then insulated. The clip and the insulation provided sucks so I used a stainless hose clamp and got better quality insulation from Amazon, (I have several feet if anyone needs some). Not a 68-70 but the install is the same. Mine has been operational over a year now and works well, even in the Carlisle bumper to bumper traffic last year.

IMG_3346.JPG

The line from the thermostat and capillary tube are clamped to the metal suction as close to the evaporator as possible then insulated. The clip and the insulation provided sucks so I used a stainless hose clamp and got better quality insulation from Amazon, (I have several feet if anyone needs some). Not a 68-70 but the install is the same. Mine has been operational over a year now and works well, even in the Carlisle bumper to bumper traffic last year.

View attachment 1661166
i see two wires from thermostat, where do they go?

i see two wires from thermostat, where do they go?
The original wire that feeds the low pressure switch goes to the thermostat, out from the thermostat to the low pressure switch then from there to engage the compressor. I made a new harness that plugged into the original compressor feed from the bulkhead connector.

The original wire that feeds the low pressure switch goes to the thermostat, out from the thermostat to the low pressure switch then from there to engage the compressor. I made a new harness that plugged into the original compressor feed from the bulkhead connector.
Thank you! This will be helpful when the kit comes in. I'm excited.

View attachment 1661166
HOW much for some insulation. Mine melted just from heat under hood... Or a link where I can get some.

Auto Transport Service
Back