• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable rockers?

Haflinger

Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
I am building a stroker for my Charger, using eddy aluheads and engle K60
camshaft. Do I need to step over to adjustable rockers and if so why?
Anybody experienced with the ones 440source sell (200-1045), heard both
ways about them?

Nope.. you don't need adjustables, I'm running stamped on mine with a similar lift cam.

According to Edelbrock Tech Support, they put that statement in the installation manual because they saw some issues with rocker arm breakage when old, worn out stamped rockers were used. Granted, this would happen with any other head that used a high rate spring, they chose to say that to cover them in the event of parts breakage.

Nope.. you don't need adjustables, I'm running stamped on mine with a similar lift cam.

According to Edelbrock Tech Support, they put that statement in the installation manual because they saw some issues with rocker arm breakage when old, worn out stamped rockers were used. Granted, this would happen with any other head that used a high rate spring, they chose to say that to cover them in the event of parts breakage.

My thought aswell, I will buy a new set of stock rockers.

Thanks // Per

Spring pressure is the driving force here. I didn't look up the cam you mentioned, but if it requires a lot of spring then I'd say go with the iron adjustable types with 3/8 push rods.

I use ductile non roller adjustables on all my engines. you get the advantage of adjusting for proper preload without the hassle of roller rockers.

Anytime you deck a block or shave heads you're changing your preload, some guys have custom legth push rods made and some guys use adjustable rockers, and ofcourse some guys don't worry about it. I just like adjustables myself, I can set the preload and know I'm at peak lift and if one makes a little noise I can cure it.

I've never heard a good thing about the Source rockers. Some of their parts are ok, but it's definately not the rockers.

I use ductile non roller adjustables on all my engines. you get the advantage of adjusting for proper preload without the hassle of roller rockers.

Anytime you deck a block or shave heads you're changing your preload, some guys have custom legth push rods made and some guys use adjustable rockers, and ofcourse some guys don't worry about it. I just like adjustables myself, I can set the preload and know I'm at peak lift and if one makes a little noise I can cure it.

Thank you!! I should have mentioned that as well! I used to run one full turn from zero lash on my 383 and never an issue. Improper preload can ruin your day. I had an issue with the FE in my Ford truck. It ran fine until it warmed up then it acted like it was dropping a hole - because it was! I did a hot compression check to verify. Luckily my buddy had shorter push rods handy and the problem was solved, but serves me right for throwing stuff together in a hurry.

Running a Certified motor I couldn't use an adjustable rocker......but the rules didn't say anything about adjustable PUSHRODS. They will go shorter than stock length, and can solve your problem. But the last time I checked, a "deal" on the pushrods was about $10 each. Still its cheaper than the rockers

Auto Transport Service
Back