• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever changed a Stop Light switch on a 67 Charger?

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
I am curious to know if anyone of you have had to change a Stop Light switch on a 67 Charger? My brake lights and tail lights do not work. My turn signals work. I have changed all of the bulbs Twice! My headights work, my bright lights work, my interior lights work. So I'm looking at the electrical diagram ( see photo below) and I see a STOP Light Switch, which also is wired to the flasher. Has anyone ever changed one and where did you find the replacement part? Also, my Charger is a 4 speed Hemi. I found the back-up lamp switch for an automatic at Classic Industries but not a Stop Light switch for my car.

stop light switch.jpg

Last edited:
It should be just above the brake pedal, should be easy to see from the floor.

Also could be a bad turn signal switch. Mine was doing crazy light things with brakes and taillights last season. Put in a new switch and everything works

It is easy troubleshoot the brake light switch. It is an on off switch activated when the pedal is pressed. Pink wire has power from fuse box, white wire sends power to TS switch when you step on brake pedal.

Switch is hard to get to with a clutch pedal car so test for power on white wire at steering column connector when brake is pressed. If you have power then the switch and wiring is fine.

Usually the TS switch goes bad and no brake lights.

All this brake lamp switch has nothing to do with taillights so that is a different problem.

For testing sake run a ground wire to a taillight socket to make sure that a bad ground is not the problem for both of these lamps

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back