• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borgeson Power steering box questions

RoadWarrior

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Going to pick up a Borgeson PS gear box (Delphi 600) and was wondering if anyone knows offhand what sector shaft size to get. I believe I need the 1 1/4 inch (they also make a 1 1/8 inch). It is for a 1967 plymouth belvedere II.

And has anyone combined it with a 70's style saginaw power steering pump?

Last edited:
I'm running the boregson box with the larger shaft, fast ratio pitman/idler arms and a flow control on my saginaw pump, its awesome! slightly less than 2 turns lock to lock. You DO NOT run this box with the federal pump.

I'm running the boregson box with the larger shaft, fast ratio pitman/idler arms and a flow control on my saginaw pump, its awesome! slightly less than 2 turns lock to lock. You DO NOT run this box with the federal pump.

Nice, my plan is the same, I just need to figure out the bracket situation to mount the pump. I'll probably just have one made since I havnt been able to find one for a 67 318.

So anyone have a part number on the pitman arm for borgeson box using 1 1/8 shaft?

Your car already has the 1.125 pitman arm. If you want to get a new one, order one for a 68 Charger. Your set!

Auto Transport Service
Back