• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone please tell me what the purpose of..........

Junk is the word you guys are looking for I thought they bent an axle or something seeing on of these what junk beware used imports from now on this could of been them

I think I am going to take the torsion bars out of my car so I can achieve this awesome look.

I know we all do stupid stuff to our cars when we are young but I think this is past stupid. This looks dumb as well as dangerous.
I would hate to have to buy tires every month or hit a massive speed bump. Tires look like they would go through the fender. Oh well, to each his own right?

If you don't get it - no explanation is possible. If you do get it - no explanation is necessary. I get it but don't like this example.

images

exactly...

shortening coil springs is no great feat, but correcting the camber afterwards would actually deserve some credit

just par for the course for today's pokemon, snowflake generation

no wonder we are doomed

People don't really die of old age as some would have you think. They choose to die because they get sick of what the newer generations are doing. It is the natural progression of life, and I think I am close to dying because I am REALLY sick of most of the younger generations.....frickin' whiney bunch of pussies...... Not all, but most......

Sick little bastards

It's a lame fad/trend it serves no purpose at all,
just like them big *** wings that will slow that car down at speed,
no doubt add to much down-force, make the front end light & push
{even with the 2" of tread they have on the ground in each corner} & IMO
at that "extreme camber angle" it wouldn't help in anyway-anytime-anywhere,
it'd hamper it, but ya'll Know that already...

Johnny see Johnny do, the followers/sheeple participation trophy generation mentality,
no original thoughts at all, they see it on someone else's car, he gets attention {why boys build cars}
So then just one kid sees it on another kids car & duplicates it, rinse & repeat, they think it's cool,
there's no rime or reasoning, just rebellious stupid kid ****...

Waste of $$$ too...
Just looks so bad, on-top of no real function,
other than lowering to not being drivable..

Much like the mini truck Low-rider craze in the 80's-90's...

Rebel mentality seemingly too, if it's bad/looks bad, people bitch & moan,
IMO that's 1/2 the reason the trend started, because it irritates elders,
that & F&F Hollyweird proliferation of the crap...

But;
at-least they are working & spending $$$ on cars
albeit fugly a$$ fart-can rice-rockets, but at-least it's cars,
not my style either...

My father set an example & I ran with it, function over style...
Exact "Opposite" of that movement IMO, seems it needs to be totally un-drivable for it to be cool now...

The jacked up Gasser look has some perceived functions at the time at-least
not completely un-drivable, albeit not ideal either...
I've had jacked up & lowered cars, but functional...

I get it completely that extreme camber/lowered look & I still hate it...
Partially because I'm not a big fan of ricers too...

Last edited:
In their tiny minds, the angled wheels help with cornering when 'drifting' much like the little wankers think those big wings on the back offer any sort of down-force. :rolleyes:
My son in law is of that age but not that ..... Kind....
I asked him and the reply was;
It is a racing mod designed to put more tread of the tire on the road while engauged in the turn at high speed & force. Think what you see at the (local) track with the Chargers or Modifieds with there canted wheels.

And yes, he knows most take it to far and 99.5% of them have the wrong tire to do anything except spin out.

My son in law is not a ricer, not some stupid kid, not a wanna be mechanic, but a very smart and capable you man. VERY!
Oh! His daily driver is a BZR thought and paid for with HIS own money.) and his hot rod he is building is a big block '71 Duster. Soon to be a stroked
400/727.

The ones I find most interesting are the tricked out modern Chrysler 300's (lots of them) and Dodge Neon SRT4's (seen only one). The power they get out of blows the old stuff away. I've been away awhile but going to meet a guy tonight whose objective is to join the 200 MPH club by going flat out on an airport runway with his E-force 300. he doesn't expect to make it this run but wants to see how close he is before he does more work on his car.

My son in law is of that age but not that ..... Kind....
I asked him and the reply was;
It is a racing mod designed to put more tread of the tire on the road while engauged in the turn at high speed & force. Think what you see at the (local) track with the Chargers or Modifieds with there canted wheels.

That is where it started. Drifting uses the same basic principles of road or circle racing, camber the tires to get more grip while turning or sliding. Different settings obviously for each.

Then the wannabes with stock 240's and what-not wanted to look like them, then realized excessive camber made it easier to spin the tires. Then the crowd that just wants to look the part ran away with it. Then you wind up with cars with cartoon stance with stupid spring rates to keep them from smashing tires into the wells or fenders and to keep from smashing the bottom of the car into the road. Which obviously leads to cars with poor ride quality and worse handling. Basically just a downward spiral....

My son in law is not a ricer, not some stupid kid, not a wanna be mechanic, but a very smart and capable you man. VERY!
Oh! His daily driver is a BZR thought and paid for with HIS own money.) and his hot rod he is building is a big block '71 Duster. Soon to be a stroked
400/727.
Obviously your son-in-law is the exception to the rule. :thumbsup:

someone has to say it...........will these be the cars these kids will be hot rodding when they are our age? Maybe stock up on NOS 2012 Acura bumper covers and grill emblems.........just sayin

That is where it started. Drifting uses the same basic principles of road or circle racing, camber the tires to get more grip while turning or sliding. Different settings obviously for each.

Then the wannabes with stock 240's and what-not wanted to look like them, then realized excessive camber made it easier to spin the tires. Then the crowd that just wants to look the part ran away with it. Then you wind up with cars with cartoon stance with stupid spring rates to keep them from smashing tires into the wells or fenders and to keep from smashing the bottom of the car into the road. Which obviously leads to cars with poor ride quality and worse handling. Basically just a downward spiral....

It is cartoonish, much unlike a B body Mopar! Unless you count the ones with a roadrunner on the door and a beep beep horn? LOL

I see them and think its just a stupid fad that young'uns are taking to far ,its a lot like this stupid ****

e0a9a6fa1a692940da33b15aef5af8c1.jpg
25b80e1a55fdb99f8e60c0b4d15cfd99.jpg

c28a322f4e28c41ad5fb15ad1b85d9ea.jpg

19a332a10214b8a7c3ddfe55956d40ba.jpg

To me the worst part of this fad (besides being dangerous) is that states use examples like these to start yearly inspection programs for all cars. Then everybody that owns a car takes it in the shorts money and time wise just because these idiots think it looks cool.

Auto Transport Service
Back