• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drive shaft size

Gospel Runner

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a 70' Road runner which was originally a 383 with a stick. I am replacing this with a 440 stroker and a 727. Will the same drive shaft work or are automatics a different length?

You can verify by measuring from the mounting pad to the end of the housing on both transmissions, but the short answer is yes.

(and I thought we were gonna get in to that "My 'driveshaft' is bigger than your's" thing):rolling:

I want you to know that I have a special drive shaft, hardened, chisled and sculptered for the riggers of hard driving. The only way we can determine whose is better is by pictures and personal references. Get out your digital microscope and shoot yours and tomorrow we will let the good members here decide without any doubt, whose is better! Good luck comrade!!! Now that is funny! Hope I did not make you too nervous. (ha, ha, ha)

i want you to know that i have a special drive shaft, hardened, chisled and sculptered for the riggers of hard driving. The only way we can determine whose is better is by pictures and personal references. Get out your digital microscope and shoot yours and tomorrow we will let the good members here decide without any doubt, whose is better! Good luck comrade!!! Now that is funny! Hope i did not make you too nervous. (ha, ha, ha)

wtf ?

Ive got a special driveshaft and my body hides mine too lol

OK gentlemen this thread has gone to far! Let's get back on track!!! True mechanical driveshafts, not your fantasy desires!!!

You are funny. Thanks for making me laugh, I needed that!!!

Well when you get a "setup" like that, ya just have to run with it:grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back