• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Mopar - '68 Coronet

IMG_5844.gif

Welcome from Alabama, great progress. Are you going for the R/T or Superbee look?

Hi all,

I wanted to take a second to introduce myself and thank you for such a well sorted, informative site. I've been a lurker here for some time, surfing through the pages, gaining knowledge and slowly building up enough confidence to take on a project of my own.

Fast forward until a few weeks ago, I stumbled across a '68 Coronet that need a bit of work, but all the parts that needed to be replaced, were with the car. The current owner and I came to a mutual agreement (I have the title) that he will finish the body work and put it back to a rolling state prior to me taking ownership. This will not only save some time, but money as well, as he is metal fabricator at a rod shop.

This will receive new AMD quarters, trunk, trunk extensions, inner fenders, etc. The majority of these could've been saved in my opinion, but we might as well get rid of the cancer while we can and save ourselves from failed mud work in the future. Again, just my opinion.

List of things I will need to acquire.

- Motor (Thinking a 440, but open to options)
- Transmission
- Front and Rear Seats
- Door Cards, Carpet, etc.

Thats all I have for now I guess. Thanks again and I'm sure you'll see me posting obvious questions along the way.

(Pictures from a few weeks ago. New quarters underneath the car, and new trunk pan on top of the car)

Cheers

View attachment 1131586 View attachment 1131587 View attachment 1131588
Welcome to the forum ! Looks like a good project! I had a 68 Coronet but was stolen by a body shop in Colorado 30 years ago I still have the title and renew it about every 4 years just in case someone finds it.

Auto Transport Service
Back