• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holden Astra electric power steering pump

Roman1970RR

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
So early days with my roadrunner but my power steering was struggling and loud with a wobbly pulley. I have started the installation of a Holden Astra electric pump which seems to be common here on old school cars. I’m mounting in in my front guard behind my headlight. Has anyone else tried this pump mod?

IMG_3699.jpeg

IMG_3700.jpeg

IMG_3701.jpeg

I've heard and read over here they use a Volvo electric pump. Most I've seen are in Mustangs and have rack and pinion steering. The down sides I can think of if the electrical load and the pump volume/ pressure for a non rack and pinion.

Big question... what are you doing to the charging system and wiring to run that beast?
I’ll post the install when it’s completed hopefully this afternoon I just need to get a few bits and pieces today. It’s up on the jack in my shed till then

IMG_3704.jpeg

Ok so pump is installed and running. It is loud but you can’t hear it when the engine is running mine is mounted behind headlights. Works like a dream and removes a pulley and belt which I can replace with aircon!

IMG_3699.jpeg

IMG_3700.jpeg

IMG_3701.jpeg

IMG_3702.jpeg

IMG_3711.jpeg

IMG_3712.jpeg

IMG_3713.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back