• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Maiden Fans!

Lionized

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
I've just learned of this!

www.screamformesarajevo.com

Didn't know they played a show at the height of the conflict in Sarajevo. Also didn't know I could love them even more! Have yet to watch the entire documentary but I'm looking forward to it.

I don't think there was a country they didnt play in the Cold War era...
I saw them on the Powerslave and Somewhere in Time tours, both were kick ***! But impressing a teenager ain't that hard....lol! Turn up the volume, play some speed riffs and bring a 14' tall zombie onstage and you got me!!! Not to mention they had the most badass album covers of all time!
It was funny to watch Steve Harris he mouthed every song in its entirety. I think he wanted to be in Bruce's spot!!!

My favorite band!! I have seen them every time they came within a 200 mile radius of me!

I like the bass line in "wrath child". And the song "fear of the dark" Not really into metal but I like some Maiden stuff.

I saw them 3 times in the early '80s. I took my daughter to see them this past June. I was disappointed that I only knew about 5 songs they played, but I'm not up on their most recent stuff. Steve Harris is a revolutionary bass player.

IMG_3199.jpg

I saw the NOTB and the POM tours in the 80's

My wife bought me tickets the the last tour in July '17.

I agree- I only knew half a dozen songs including Fear of the Dark which is relatively new.

The 80+% of the other new material really didn't do it for me, and left me a bit disappointed as a whole experience. They didn't even play "Hallowed Be Thy Name" which has been a crowd favorite staple for decades.

There were, however many, many fans including a large number of younger folks and a LOT of folks of obvious foreign decent, that were really into it, most standing the entire time.

One cool thing I saw was a 50 something year old woman and her 20 something son, both wearing concert jerseys. Also lots of young girls. Where the F were they back in the 80's??

We had gone to see Avenged Sevenfold a few times in the last few years and I noticed a large number of Iron Maiden shirts at those shows.

Fortunately my wife bought two sets of tickets and sold one set online- basically making our set free.

You gotta LOVE it when your wife turns a profit scalping Iron Maiden tickets!!

Steve Harris- top 5 Bass players of all time.

(although he seems to have lost some of his famous galloping style, and at the last show was down too much in the mix)

Hey YY1 - was Ghost the intro band when you saw Maiden this year? We only caught a song or two of them. I have no interest in them. I don't get or enjoy that style of music. No talent to it as far as I'm concerned.

Yep- Ghost also opened for the first A7X show we went to.

My wife is actually fascinated with them, from the anonymity factor to the marketing, and the somewhat radio friendly sound (for a while they had three songs in rotation on our local hard rock station)

I can take or leave them, but if you can get past the blatant satanic content, they have some downright catchy hooks and riffs and at times they have a Savatage kind of feel.

Yeah, I can't really get past the blatant satanic content. I felt like I was several steps closer to Hell just being in the same place as them. LOL

:mob:

Auto Transport Service
Back