• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Down Cable

Ratroaster

Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
I'm baaack!

Has anyone out in B-Body land used a Lokar kick down cable on a '62-'65 cable
shifted torqueflite? I know they originally used an elaborate bell crank and rod set
but since I don't have one of those and I do have a Lokar set up I was hoping
someone had previously done this and could offer some advice.

Thank you.

RR

Tried to use Lokar products on several different projects.....Save Your Money!

You might try the one Bouchillion sells. I have not had any experience with it but he usually has good stuff but a little pricy.

If 63 is the same as a 64, the kickdown is just a single rod, and a guide bracket. I've got Lokar products on several cars, with no issues. I don't see why you can't use a cable kickdown, as long as it's adjusted properly, it should be fine.

If 63 is the same as a 64, the kickdown is just a single rod, and a guide bracket. I've got Lokar products on several cars, with no issues. I don't see why you can't use a cable kickdown, as long as it's adjusted properly, it should be fine.

Furyus,
Yes, '64 would be the same as '63. I have a Lokar set up sitting on the shelf that
I'm hoping to be able to use. Everyone seems to think I'll work, as long as
adjustment in correct. Hoping to find someone who actually has made one work.
Thanks for the input.
RR

Auto Transport Service
Back