• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a Mopar mechanic

jamzy

Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
! have a 1969 Roadrunner 383 4 speed. It's been in my garage for too long.
I need help to make it roadworthy. so I can enjoy it. I'm located in western Suffolk county New York.

Drain and replace all fluids, cap, rotor and plugs, possibly wires also. Turn the key.

How long is too long? If it's really too long, you'll likely have to replace your brake system and fuel system.

shame you are on the other end of the state.
however,perhaps i can suggest you go see Nick,of nicks cars.
i think ?? hes actually somewheres very close to you.
hes got a youtube segment and is one Hell of a mopar and everything else too/mechanic.
even if he cant spare the time,he will direct you to someone He Trusts.
just a thought.
heres his youtube link and he answers if you pm him on that.

Agree with 5.7 with a caveat. Mine sat for 15+ so I pulled dist. and manually ran oil pump & rebuilt carb&&Sputnik some gas in float bowls for less cranking( also new mech. f. Pump,tank&sender)Been running like a charm.

shame you are on the other end of the state.
however,perhaps i can suggest you go see Nick,of nicks cars.
i think ?? hes actually somewheres very close to you.
hes got a youtube segment and is one Hell of a mopar and everything else too/mechanic.
even if he cant spare the time,he will direct you to someone He Trusts.
just a thought.
heres his youtube link and he answers if you pm him on that.

I think Nick is in Canada, tawks kinna funny to.

I think Nick is in Canada, tawks kinna funny to.
Agree with 5.7 with a caveat. Mine sat for 15+ so I pulled dist. and manually ran oil pump & rebuilt carb&&Sputnik some gas in float bowls for less cranking( also new mech. f. Pump,tank&sender)Been running like a charm.
I appreciate the advice, I took mine off the road in 1986. But we did get it running 3 years ago, after soaking the cylinders with marvel mystery oil. We changed the fluids, hoses, and upgraded to MSD ignition. The engine runs strong. The problem is that that my mechanic, who always bailed me out, has moved. I've installed a new gas tank and components soup to nuts from Classic Industries. The car has Power Disk Brakes and the rotors were changed so I know they are good. It's the wheel cylinders and brake lines I'm worried about. So, I'm looking for someone to help me with a complete brake job. Then I can safely take it to various repair shops for cosmetics. I have a huge garage at home to work in, I just need some help.

My car sat for 9 years. I drained the gas, as much as I could and added 5 gallons of fresh gas. I know how to crank up oil pressure. I don't know how other guys feel about this but remove all the plugs and remove coil wire and spin it until you have oil pressure. Brakes are another issue caliper maybe ok, rear wheel cylinders probably not.
Maybe you can hook up with a mechanic who will do side jobs. If you want to drive old cars start learning to do thing yourself. If you hire a guy watch him don't go off and wait for him to say all done, you won't learn anything.
Hear is my stick download a service manual for your car. If you or your mechanic are going to work on brakes print out or read the material before you or him start. Have that info at hand when you and he are working. It really sucks to be dependent on other people to do the work. Everybody gets stumped on a problem. I had an axle that wouldn't go in all the way. Asked on the forum what they thought the problem was. Got several answers of why checked each one and found the problem. Posts what the problem was and got answers to solve it. Scroll down to 1969 service manual. Don't hit the big green button that says download it's an ad.

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

Assuming you have no loacl "go to" guy I think the issue will be you want the guy to come to you. Last time I did that it was VERY expensive for him because it was not that efficient for me. In that case I had to go to the body shop where the car was (Queens, NYC) so there was my travel (gas and tolls), hotel for a couple nights plus food, plus the hourly work. You'll save money having it trailered somewhere over paying hourly plus travel and room/board for a qualified buy to come to you. There's a guy named Pete out on LI that I think could do a great job if you brought it to his shop.

Assuming you have no loacl "go to" guy I think the issue will be you want the guy to come to you. Last time I did that it was VERY expensive for him because it was not that efficient for me. In that case I had to go to the body shop where the car was (Queens, NYC) so there was my travel (gas and tolls), hotel for a couple nights plus food, plus the hourly work. You'll save money having it trailered somewhere over paying hourly plus travel and room/board for a qualified buy to come to you. There's a guy named Pete out on LI that I think could do a great job if you brought it to his shop.
Thanks . Have you a phone number?

Jamzy I feel ur pain- but I'll also tell you my 15yr sit still has the oe whl. cylinders and none are leaking; I did drive it slowly the first couple times & I still worry a little about it but no leaks so far.

! have a 1969 Roadrunner 383 4 speed. It's been in my garage for too long.
I need help to make it roadworthy. so I can enjoy it. I'm located in western Suffolk county New York.
Sounds like a job for Garage Squad!

Lol!!! That's funny!!!

Guess there are advantages of never having the funds to send work out. You learn how to due it yourself and not just watch someone do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back