• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum Indy 24 pictures

I was watching a B5 70 coronet convetible at Dallas. I was supposed to go but just bought a 70 coronet convertible, so I cancelled. It was bid to 200k and not sold. What was the result of the one at Indy. FYI I didn't spend any where close to $200k on mine.

Those are great pics man.
Not only the Mopars, but also that 2nd gen C/K pickup!
Thanks for sharing!

@HannDman

Yellow AAR going today very nice car. two purple ones went last 2 days, pink one didn't sell. Kinda partial to them lately :lol:. Market is down a bit from last year IMO,

I was watching a B5 70 coronet convetible at Dallas. I was supposed to go but just bought a 70 coronet convertible, so I cancelled. It was bid to 200k and not sold. What was the result of the one at Indy. FYI I didn't spend any where close to $200k on mine.
The V code Coronet vert sold for $181,500. If my ‘71 V code Challenger was sold I might have been trying for it.
I’ve been looking for a good 69 or 70 for quite some time, but really am aiming for a 4 barrel one.

Yellow AAR going today very nice car. two purple ones went last 2 days, pink one didn't sell. Kinda partial to them lately :lol:. Market is down a bit from last year IMO,
There was a lot of talk about the purple AARs and the pink one on E bodies.org. One of the purple ones is allegedly restamped block to make it “matching numbers”. The chin spoilers being installed upside down was amusing! On the pink one the radiator support VIN stamp is questionable.
A FJ6 ‘71 ‘cuda 340 vert went for $352,000, which is pretty insane especially considering the shaker and billboards were added.
A FK5 N Code Challenger R/T SE went for mid 70s, I question the tag if the font is right for an LA build, and some options added. Pretty high for a 383 Challenger.
I’ll be interested in seeing bidding today on the black hemi Challenger R/T SE and the V code promo Challenger vert.

I was surprised to see the bidding stall on the 68 Hemi Charger R/T that used to be Mark's aka RCs car. It bid to 180k and stalled. The seller wants 275k for the car. The 70 R/T V code car was cool! Not a fan of the column shifter, but it checked a lot of other boxes!

Nice variety and great pics! Thanks @XS22J8R . My buddy that lives in LaPorte, IN picked up a cream puff 99 Silverado with 21k miles at that auction.

My engineering coworker at Navistar (International) had eyes on the 75 IHC 200 pickup running Wednesday. He hoped to get it for low to mid 20s. He ended up riding home in the right seat of my Ram instead of the drivers seat of the IHC, as it hammered for about twice his target!
Trucks and SUVs have been hot for awhile. Hard to say on muscle cars, they are all over the place. Some way high, others not bidding anywhere near what you’d expect,

Those 50's Ford survivor cars sold cheap, and the two Buick Riveria's brought insane money for that body style. You couldn't give those cars away before this auction.

There was a lot of talk about the purple AARs and the pink one on E bodies.org. One of the purple ones is allegedly restamped block to make it “matching numbers”. The chin spoilers being installed upside down was amusing! On the pink one the radiator support VIN stamp is questionable.
A FJ6 ‘71 ‘cuda 340 vert went for $352,000, which is pretty insane especially considering the shaker and billboards were added.
A FK5 N Code Challenger R/T SE went for mid 70s, I question the tag if the font is right for an LA build, and some options added. Pretty high for a 383 Challenger.
I’ll be interested in seeing bidding today on the black hemi Challenger R/T SE and the V code promo Challenger vert.
I read about the restamp on the purple one, wasn't aware on the pink one, the white interior purple one was originally black interior according to fender tag, probably why numbers seemed low, compared to the 200k purple one that went last year at indy.

That’s what scares me about auction cars, how to vet them before deciding to bid. Some are “known” cars, others who knows what is up with them, if they have skeletons in the closet or are 100% legit. The V code Coronet vert I mentioned I’ve not seen before, you can’t get underneath these cars, how do you check the engine/trans to gage if restamped? Was it restored from a rust bucket or a clean car from dry country?
I can spot obvious faked tags but not others that are not so obvious.
I certainly will not bid 6 figures on a car without knowing?
I sort of prefer legit but NOM cars now since so many #s cars are actually restamps!

I've been watching the last 2 nights and there are ridiculous amounts of money being spent. There cannot be that many with the large amounts being hammered SOLD!!! I mean where are all these bidders and buyers coming up with the $$$ for these vehicles??? Still, though I enjoy seeing all of them as a former owner of 2 and a fan of them...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Looking though Dodges and Plymouths on the Mecum website today, there seems to be a lot listed as "the bid goes on".

Is this a downward trend, crappy examples or reserves set way too high?

Looking though Dodges and Plymouths on the Mecum website today, there seems to be a lot listed as "the bid goes on".

Is this a downward trend, crappy examples or reserves set way too high?
Reserves set way too high. If something doesn't sell.. the price is wrong.

Reserves set way too high. If something doesn't sell.. the price is wrong.
giphy.gif

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back