• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Msd blaster coil hot to the touch. No Sparks

Without a multimeter, you are flying blind. With a multimeter, using the ohms function, you can read the resistance of the coil primary and secondary. If those are very low, expect a bad coil. Even a cheapie HF meter is better than nothing, but a nicer one from Lowes or HD will be money well spend, and time saved!

Perhaps we should not use Chinese stuff and stick to what Mopar furnished as original equipment rather than spending $$ on equipment of questionable origin then complaining that it doesn't work as "promised".....???? Just a thought...
BOB RENTON
But them we can't spend ridicules amounts of money on crap the market says we need. But I agree with you Bob. Know need for this kind of stuff on a street engine. Especially if you don't know why you're doing it.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTE OF CONFIDENCE.....I do know what I speak of.....
BOB RENTON
Oh, I do not doubt most of your input....have no fear about that. :thumbsup:

I have actually learned things from your postings over the years, and I appreciate all that I learn from everyone here. Something else I have noticed is that others are picking up things and sharing them forward with other people with problems.
So in actual fact we have a knowledge base here that is being made full use of and is growing all the time. :lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown:

Put a real meter on the post and get an accurate measurement.

But them we can't spend ridicules amounts of money on crap the market says we need. But I agree with you Bob. Know need for this kind of stuff on a street engine. Especially if you don't know why you're doing it.
The answer to the WHY question may be PEER PRESSURE or "keeping up with your buddies" or being odd man out theory.......just a thought.......
BOB RENTON

Oh FFS people can we stop the pissing contest and help this guy?? Sheesh.

The answer to the WHY question may be PEER PRESSURE or "keeping up with your buddies" or being odd man out theory.......just a thought.......
BOB RENTON
It can cause enough anguish if you have the knowledge to know what's going on.

Could this possibly be the results of using a 6 volt coil?

We all know coils are not all designed to run with 12V flowing through them. Yes, the start circuit bypasses the resister and provides 12V. The run provides 6V through the resister in the run mode. Knowing which coil you have can be essential regardless the ignition system. 12V continuously into a 6V coil will make it hot and melt it down internally.

Auto Transport Service
Back