• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW here, with a Road Runner!

mouseandmopar

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Savannah here - I lucked into inheriting a 69 Road Runner, 383 at last year. The family member it came from didnt treat it right and left it buried in a garage for 30 years, I last saw it as a kid. I'm trying to get it running and driving again so I can make up for 30 years stuffed under junk. We had to actually drag it sideways to get it out of the garage...

NO, I'm not selling it anytime soon.

It was rebuilt in the 90s and never once started. Needs some unknown wiring.. and someone tried to turn the left thread lugnuts right, so now I can't get tires on it. The car is out in CA and I'm on the east coast, so im struggling to get it rolling and shipped here.

Either way, here she is.. I wont restore her, but I do have interior for it. I'll throw steelies and big wide tires on the back, and roll her pretty much as is.
I'm sure I'll need a few parts and definitely some guidance.. I had a 71 Duster, and have worked on various Mopars, but never a RR.

Untitled 2.JPEG

Untitled 3.JPEG

Untitled 2.PNG

Untitled 3.PNG

From another '69 RR 383 owner, welcome!
I wouldn't mind seeing pics of that '71 Duster you had as well. Post some if you got 'em!
I know a guy who has one of those too :lol:

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Congratulations on your inheritance/project. Thanks for the pictures.

Love it! That should clean up nice the dash looks great. I would make sure none of the valves are stuck before trying to turn it over.
There are some members here that might be pretty close to the car if you need boots on the ground. I am up in Washington.
Keep us posted on your progress!

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Looks like the car is in an industrial park. Where in the PRC[ peoples republic of California] is it located?

IMG_4843.jpeg

Cool car to inherit

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Hey everyone! Savannah here - I lucked into inheriting a 69 Road Runner, 383 at last year. The family member it came from didnt treat it right and left it buried in a garage for 30 years, I last saw it as a kid. I'm trying to get it running and driving again so I can make up for 30 years stuffed under junk. We had to actually drag it sideways to get it out of the garage...

NO, I'm not selling it anytime soon.

It was rebuilt in the 90s and never once started. Needs some unknown wiring.. and someone tried to turn the left thread lugnuts right, so now I can't get tires on it. The car is out in CA and I'm on the east coast, so im struggling to get it rolling and shipped here.

Either way, here she is.. I wont restore her, but I do have interior for it. I'll throw steelies and big wide tires on the back, and roll her pretty much as is.
I'm sure I'll need a few parts and definitely some guidance.. I had a 71 Duster, and have worked on various Mopars, but never a RR.

View attachment 1656081

View attachment 1656082

View attachment 1656083

View attachment 1656084
Welcome from the Garden State!
IMG_4630.gif
IMG_4629.gif
IMG_4625.gif
IMG_4621.gif
IMG_4620.gif
IMG_4617.gif
IMG_4619.gif
IMG_4615.gif
IMG_4616.gif
IMG_4599.gif

Nice! I love the Cal Custom valve covers. I put them on my Charger back in the 80’s, and color matched them as well. Back then they were considered cheap. I think I paid $20 for ‘em. Pricey now!

Welcome from Alabama, great project.

Welcome from NM. Good looking project. Looks like you will be having fun getting it on the road.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Don’t forget, pre-oil first!

Welcome. And she looks as if she deserves some loving. It's certainly the right year. Car of the year for 1969. And that says alot being I believe 1969 was the US best automotive design year in history.

But that of course is a whole other debate topic. Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back