• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT MINE***Pretty nice 66 Satellite Hemi back on BaT for a second try. NOT MINE

"no title".

No such thing in Canada. It has a registration, all you need to take it home to the USA.
A lot of the states are like that. All you need is a bill of sale. Unfortunately, not Pennsylvania.

A registration in Canada IS the title. It signed over and a bill of sale and I'm sure you could plate it in PA.

No such thing in Canada. It has a registration, all you need to take it home to the USA.

Seems rather short sighted to say "no title" when it actually does have one then. Perhaps that's why it didn't sell the first time. It certainly raised a red flag for me!

Anything is possible. That and $62.5 US is less than 1/2 of Hagerty's valuation for a #2 car. Mine is covered at an agreed value of $190k cdn, but it still has the factory primer dip drips hanging off the belly.

I like the Cryobrad guy, " 1966 wasn't nearly as desirable as other models"
desirable to who? Exactly?
Good ol fashioned down playing :lol:

Seems rather short sighted to say "no title" when it actually does have one then. Perhaps that's why it didn't sell the first time. It certainly raised a red flag for me!
That's a Bat hangup. I have had to argue with them on both listings I have sold through them. The solution we agreed upon was to put an explanation in the listing text, similar to dadsbee's explanation.

That's a Bat hangup. I have had to argue with them on both listings I have sold through them. The solution we agreed upon was to put an explanation in the listing text, similar to dadsbee's explanation.
I just checked the listing. The explanation of the "title in Canada" is actually in the text of listing, so there should not be any confusion.

I am actually on a project in Alberta presently. Wouldn't mind checking to Satellite out in person, but it appears to be located on Vancouver Island, so a bit of a logistics problem for me at the moment.

A lot of the states are like that. All you need is a bill of sale. Unfortunately, not Pennsylvania.
I knew this before buying a '66 Corvette from a dealer in Georgia 15 years ago. Georgia doesn't title cars that old, and I told them I wasn't interested in the car if it was sold on a bill of sale. They assured me they could obtain a title. It took six months, but eventually they produced a Florida title, which Pennsylvania accepted. I ran the car on three Georgia temp tags issued by the dealer in the meantime. Pennsylvania absolutely, positively, would not register the car on a bill of sale from Georgia.

There are exceptions. The following year, I bought a '69 GTX with a New York state registration, again no title issued for a vehicle that old in that state. The car had been previously titled in Pennsylvania, and because the record was clean and verifiable, I was able to title it with the just the New York registration card. I use a title agent who is extremely well versed in this stuff, and I would recommend any PA resident do the same before attempting a bill of sale purchase.

Last edited:
Not sure about British Columbia, where the car in question is apparently registered, but in Ontario, the "Used Vehicle Information Package" is mandatory if the vehicle is sold privately. For some reason, dealers are not required to utilize it(?). It is really a $20 grab by the Ontario Government, however, the information package contains virtually all of the information that would be on a U.S. style "title". I have provided this document, along with the "registration or ownership" with every vehicle I have sold to a U.S. buyer. I am not aware of it ever being an issue, although I cannot speak for Pennsylvania.

I can see the pad and its a BH block which is 1966.

Cant see clearly enough to see assy date . Listing states non original engine.

also,, mentions signs of possible accident damage in left rear. Yet doesn't show it ? or am I missing it

I think it in a picture of the underside and trunk extension around the fuel filler pipe. The stamped stiffening indentations in the extension look a little out of sorts.

A registration in Canada IS the title. It signed over and a bill of sale and I'm sure you could plate it in PA.
I don’t even have registration for my ‘68 Plymouth. I blew it by not using the Vermont loophole while I had the chance.
6F7086FB-3EE0-4B4A-8369-28D488355ECC.jpeg
4FE8950A-C000-408B-9603-D5CF8DFA8DE5.jpeg

It was last registered in Arizona, still has the ‘73 tag on it. The guy I purchased it from brought it to Pa. in ‘86. I bought it off of him in ‘88. I called Arizona about getting a registration or title, and they said they expunge all records after 5 years. Wanna bet if I used it in a bank robbery the records would “magically” appear?
83747212-F5C2-48CF-88AD-48F67F3CE7CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Pennsylvania is run by idiots!
Oops, did I just say that out loud?
Anyway, I recently (<2yrs) purchased a 64 D100 on a hand written bill of sale from North Carolina. No issues getting an Antique title, well once the tax thieves got their cut.

Edit, it's amazing that you can still purchase a complete and somewhat running old vehicle for less than $1000!

When I purchased the car in ‘88 for $250, I went to the Lansdale Police Station. I knew the dispatcher from the scanner traffic. She ran the VIN thru NCIC and it came back clean.

Pennsylvania is run by idiots!
Oops, did I just say that out loud?
Anyway, I recently (<2yrs) purchased a 64 D100 on a hand written bill of sale from North Carolina. No issues getting an Antique title, well once the tax thieves got their cut.

Edit, it's amazing that you can still purchase a complete and somewhat running old vehicle for less than $1000!
Isn't that the William Penn quaker state guy? Quaker oats?
I thought they were good dudes.. sounds like the place got trashed

Auto Transport Service
Back