• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PVC Valve Hose Routing?

MoparHonda

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
I have a '70 Plymouth with a factory 440 six pack and manual brakes. The PVC valve is on the back of the driver side valve cover.

Where is the PVC valve hose supposed to go to? Mine goes to the vacuum port at the rear of the intake manifold. I had a mechanic say it should go to the vacuum port at the base of the center carburetor, on the passenger side.

Which routing/vacuum port is correct?

I have a '70 Plymouth with a factory 440 six pack and manual brakes. The PVC valve is on the back of the driver side valve cover.

Where is the PVC valve hose supposed to go to? Mine goes to the vacuum port at the rear of the intake manifold. I had a mechanic say it should go to the vacuum port at the base of the center carburetor, on the passenger side.

Which routing/vacuum port is correct?

Carburetor.

Thank you, I'll get a longer hose and route it to the carburetor.

Yup, around the back of the engine to the carb baseplate.
Manifold would be for power brakes, air conditioning, headlights, air grabber or whatever else needs vacuum.

Auto Transport Service
Back