• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racing in Colorado?

Curiousyellow71

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
With Bandimere closed this is a big hit. Rocky mountain drag week lost Great bend, Bandimere and now Pueblo..Hopefully Pueblo comes back strong.

I will take postponed over closed!

Screenshot_20240426_085140_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240426_064631_Facebook.jpg

sucks to lose tracks :BangHead:

we used to have 26-28 here, in the hay day, we have 7 'or so' now,
since we lost Sacramento Raceway too

As to Pueblo Co., I wonder if they will get the proper funding, now...

Good luck

Yep. I'm not familiar with Northern California, but we lost AAA Fontana a year or so ago. If you include Famoso as southern california, we have four tracks, one of which (ten minutes from my house) that we can't use. (Pomona).
Barona, 1/8, San Diego area, Irwindale, 1/ 8, L.A. area, and Famoso, Bakersfield, the only 1/4 mile track within 300 miles of my house, that I can use, that is.

I grew up in Great Bend and always attended the drag races. My brother raced there since the seventies and worked for the track as an inspector. It has been a real bummer when I go back there and have no races to attend. The local outfit that screwed up the new concrete, I have known since a young kid. Went to school with them and actually worked for them for a short while. Just a real bummer that they couldn’t manage to use the right concrete mixture, all to save a buck and put more money in their pocket. Two years now and no racing and nothing in the foreseeable future. A real bummer.

Auto Transport Service
Back