• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window SS trim install - '69 Charger -- clip locations ?

Jack Parmentier

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi all..

I'm looking to drill the holes to mount the rear window SS trim clips, but not quite sure of the locations.

I went through the threads and come up with the following locations...

How does this look ? What about the lower corner clip locations -- does this look correct ?

Thanks ! Jack...

trim_5233.JPG trim_5234.JPG

I marked my top but did not measure.

ll.JPG

There are 6 clips along the top. Sometimes your old moldings may have witness marks from the clips.

There are 6 clips along the top. Sometimes your old moldings may have witness marks from the clips.
Ok, thanks... Yes, I checked the locations of the marks on the old trim, as well as where it aligns with the headliner bracket around the window. Here is final version I'm going with...

rear window trim 2.jpg

The side and bottom measurements are dead on with the photos I posted. I would rethink your measurements. Your top looks about right.I recently put my car back together and my rear window moldings fit perfect.

The side and bottom measurements are dead on with the photos I posted. I would rethink your measurements. Your top looks about right.I recently put my car back together and my rear window moldings fit perfect.

Ok, so you think I need to adjust the top measurement locations ? (BTW, the yellow tape in the middle is just the center-line of the roof)

Ok, so you think I need to adjust the top measurement locations ? (BTW, the yellow tape in the middle is just the center-line of the roof)
No your top should be fine. I would do the bottom and sides per my pictures. These were found to be very correct.

No your top should be fine. I would do the bottom and sides per my pictures. These were found to be very correct.
Ok, I adjusted to add tape marks on trim side to use your measurements in your drawing

The bottom appears very close, so no issue....

Although for the side, it seems that the lower clip is right at the location where the corner meets the top trim ? is that correct from what you recall ?

IMG_5238.JPG IMG_5239.JPG

Ok, I adjusted to add tape marks on trim side to use your measurements in your drawing

The bottom appears very close, so no issue....

Although for the side, it seems that the lower clip is right at the location where the corner meets the top trim ? is that correct from what you recall ?

View attachment 1131728 View attachment 1131729
I went exactly off that drawing and everything went into place just fine. I do not remember having any clip interference. The drawings I posted were from another site and the guy who drew them up did it as a reference for his build as well as to help others. Side and bottom right to a 1/16 of an inch. Those clips need to go in certain places for certain reasons. You can put them where you want but you asked for advice.

I went exactly off that drawing and everything went into place just fine. I do not remember having any clip interference. The drawings I posted were from another site and the guy who drew them up did it as a reference for his build as well as to help others. Side and bottom right to a 1/16 of an inch. Those clips need to go in certain places for certain reasons. You can put them where you want but you asked for advice.
Ok, thanks... I really appreciate the help & will use the dimensions on the original drawing. As you said it worked fine, so that's great ! Will drill the holes tomorrow.... :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back