• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this for/where do they go?

TT from NH

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
1713781538899.png
I bought this trunk floor reinforcement set from Classic Industries a while ago and essentially removed whatever left from my rusted trunk. I know where the reinforcement bar goes, but I don't know what the two smaller pieces are for or where they go. Can anyone help me?

They are suppose to be welded to the tailpanel and to the trunk floor. Basically they stand up vertically, one on each side of the trunk latch.

That makes a ton of sense! Thanks. My rear was so far gone due to rust that I've had to replace or fabricate most of it. Lots of fun (which I bought a project that most would have walked past).

That makes a ton of sense! Thanks. My rear was so far gone due to rust that I've had to replace or fabricate most of it. Lots of fun (which I bought a project that most would have walked past).

trunk floor support and gas tank hanger brackets

your rear cross member has provisions for gas tank straps, these go on the other end of the trunk pan, and accept the J bolts that hold up the front of the straps

1713799883667.jpeg

1713800312067.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back