• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 10” Rear Backing Plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a 10” rear backing plate for my 1970 Sport Satellite with a 8-1/4 rear end.

IMG_2773.png

Last edited:
Doesn't matter which rear axle you have, they will all fit BUT ... the width of your shoes matters as the backing plates are different depending on the shoes. Also, front and rear plates are different but similar at a glance. Make sure it has the hole(s) for the parking brake cable - front plates don't.

Doesn't matter which rear axle you have, they will all fit BUT ... the width of your shoes matters as the backing plates are different depending on the shoes. Also, front and rear plates are different but similar at a glance. Make sure it has the hole(s) for the parking brake cable - front plates don't.
Really different width shoes for the 10” drums? Mine are 2.5” at least the new ones. I no longer have the old ones. My left side fits fine but my right side is binding on the shoes and I believe it’s due to a damaged backing plate. I didn’t realize there were different shoe widths. Is there anyway to determine what shoes I had based on the size/width of the drum? My drum is about 2-7/8 deep. Should hold a 2-1/2 shoe I would think…

Last edited:
I meant to say drums, not shoes. But it doesn’t matter, the shoes have to match the drums and you need the correct backing plates to match those. So, if you have a 2-1/2” drums and shoes then you need the appropriate backing plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back