• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 14x5 67 coronet steel wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter65

Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for 4 wheels 14x5 wheels. Prefer like this one.

20240707_135213.jpg

Thanks, this rim is date coded January ?11th? 1967. It is a Kelsey Hays wheel from Plant 2. I'm assuming Kelsey Hays used a single digit for the A making this the 11th?

1722878397973.png

I got this image from forbbodiesonly.com Steel Wheel Decoding Thank you @69 hemibee.

1722878460426.png

Wheels with 5 'guide' holes are correct in 67. HOWEVER, they tended to be on later 1966 production. Starting around Dec 66, one or two guide holes came into style. For 68 wheels, one or no guide holes were the deal.

Wheels with 5 'guide' holes are correct in 67. HOWEVER, they tended to be on later 1966 production. Starting around Dec 66, one or two guide holes came into style. For 68 wheels, one or no guide holes were the deal.
Thank you. I will look at our rims sometime. Some of the 67 date coded rims that we have don’t have guide holes.
Which makes wonder why they would have guide holes.

Thank you. I will look at our rims sometime. Some of the 67 date coded rims that we have don’t have guide holes.
Which makes wonder why they would have guide holes.
Total WAG on my part but Production plant? Early vs Late production? Chrysler Plant PO? "Look, I found these wheels over here, let's use these on the next few cars" etc. etc. I've learned that there often isn't consistency or verifiable logic as to how Mopars were assembled and/or the parts used.

To clarify, I'm looking for an extra set of wheels to mount radials on so I have correct tires for shows but radials for cruising. I'd like to match what I have but if there isn't guide holes on the wheels that have the radial/cruising tires, I'm ok with that. I already have one extra wheel, I need 4 more.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back