• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1964 Dodge 440 wagon, unmlested original

PastorRon

Local time
8:23 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1964 Dodge 440 station wagon, 6-psgr, 318, Push-button Automatic, Pwr Steer, Pwr tailgate window, remote & prismatic mirrors, AM radio, clock. 109,000 miles.

According to the AACA and other clubs, it is the only known Gold Stripe wagon with a Dress-Up Package known to exist in original condition. Car is all-original, unmolested, never restored. It is rust-free (never rusted); solid body, floor, frame. It can be driven anywhere today without a worry. The radial tires are old, but good to go with plenty of tread. I have owned it not quite 31 years, purchased from original owner’s estate via the executor, so it has had only two operating owners. It is a multiple trophy winner, including one “Best of Show” in 2012. The steering wheel is still like new – these are usually cracked with chunks missing, but not this one! Uses no oil, has had regular & proper maintenance (running full synthetic 10W40 in it); trans professionally serviced at 100k miles in 2008, pronounced in excellent health. Even the ignition key is the original. Had 83k miles when purchased. Photos show the original beauty of the interior. Car has never overheated or broken down, even drove it to Canada in 1997.

There is a large amount of documentation/paperwork included, including a copy of the original 1964 title. Everything works as it should, all glass is perfect, no leaks except shrunken weatherstrip around wing windows. Never driven in ice or snow, rarely driven in rain in last 30 years. Garaged or in carport all its life.

Bad stuff: Left rear door is stuck. Needs a carburetor overhaul; a correct overhaul kit is included. Very minor bottoming damage to spare tire well. Has a few nicks and minor scrapes – original owner had penchant for rubbing the garage doorframe in older age. Oil pressure gauge sometimes wonky, but works 90% of time. Driver’s remote mirror adjuster stuck. Had a dent in RR quarter behind the wheel purchased, professionally repaired in 1995. Slow leak in PS system.

Included with sale: Several storage tubs of good used and NOS parts and NOS chrome trim, four straight, rust-free doors with trim, extra rear bumper core, extra roof rack core, spare cluster and gauges, bolt-on trailer hitch, spare OEM wheel covers.

Car is located near Hartwell, Georgia. More photos upon request.
I would really like this rare treasure to go to a home where it will be loved and cared for as much as I have over the last three decades. It doesn't have air conditioning, and OEM-style A/C units are simply not available for it. Changing health needs have made AC an necessity. That's the only reason I'm selling, because I don't really want to!

$32,900 (price based on comparables)

Will consider partial trade for a 1967, 1973-1975 Imperial 4-door sedan or hardtop; 1973-1977 Chrysler Town & Country; 1968, 1973 Dodge Monaco wagon, or 1975-1977 Dodge Royal Monaco wagon in similar or better condition (no black or black interior).

2022.07.01.JPG

2022.07.04.JPG

2022.07.05.JPG

2022.07.07.JPG

2022.07.08.JPG

2022.07.09.JPG

2022.07.10.JPG

2022.07.14.JPG

2022.07.19.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back