• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge Polara 500 trunk mat time to replace

6t4polara

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
It is time to replace mine and looking for experiences with vendors as to fit and quality.
Anyone replaced there's recently and what vendor did you use.
Thanks

It is time to replace mine and looking for experiences with vendors as to fit and quality.
Thanks
Call Joe Suchy. He is a wealth of knowledge, and very pleasant to deal with.

Looks like no repo trunk mats are available.
I have contacted Joe and will improvise.

Thanks

Thanks
I got the plad mat from Classic Industries for my 64 Belvedere & I shoulda sent it back. Its way darker than my orig, but the real bummer the front part is spliced & glued to the rest. Guess the manufacturer can't get pieces that large into their printer. Too bad they don't tell you in their ad. I'd call Joe Suchy & see if his are one piece & if the color is correct.

What are you guys talking about?
Those trunk mats are readily available everywhere.
REM makes them and If Joe does not have them then other vendors do.
I just got one for my 62 Fury and 64 Savoy and they are the same for Dodge.
Joe is very good but knows very little about 62's.

There are basically two different manufactures for the trunk mats that all of the vendors purchase from and that being ACC Carpets and REM. ACC has some of the vacuum formed mats that REM does not offer, but for the most part there is coverage for all of these cars. No matter which manufacture, they both have their good and bad points. Another alternative is I know that REM will sell material in bulk and you can use your old mat as a template and cut your own out. REM will sell only to their network of vendors where ACC has a vendor network as well as selling to the public.

The one I got from Classic Industries is the vacuum formed, molded to fit trunk mat & its anything but an accurate reproduction. I'll take some pics in a bit so you can see how they were to cheap to make a one peace mat so had to glue 2 pieces together. I already cut it so the jack would fit, otherwise, I'd send it back. But I will call them tomorrow & find out what vendor they use.
I just got these pics cropped & resized, so you can see how noticeable the seam & pattern mismatch are. Classic Industries gave me a 50% credit & said they've had other complaints so will be looking for another supplier.
64 trunk mat repop pattern.JPG 64 repop trunk mat back side splice.JPG View attachment 428231 64 trunk mats contrast.JPG

Last edited:
Ordered one from Legendary.

Auto Transport Service
Back