• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Belvedere I

Viper2005

Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
The ‘65 Belvedere I is so close to being back on the road. Last time it was registered was 1997
Started life as a 6 cyl 3 speed on the column. Now has a ‘65 426 street Wedge / 4 speed, that’s going to be a Max Wedge tribute.
“ I know that didn’t make one in ‘65”
I am leaving the body alone with its 60 years of dings dents and scratches.

IMG_6312.jpeg

IMG_6293.jpeg

IMG_6294.jpeg

Sweet looking 65, great shape for a 60 year old car. Mine was in similar shape when I got it, but the paint had been already been stripped. What gears do you have in it? Have fun!

That car looks like your "Bad Guy" car in many 60s movies. Also I see you have it protected by a squadron of planes.

Great Car !!! What year transmission did you use on it, and any fitment problems ?

Very nice. Love early B-bodies....
I have a '66 Satellite that hasn't been on the road since 2004, and time still flying by.

This car is amazing. It looks so good just as it is and I love how you're doing the build. I'll be following as I was lucky enough to purchase a 65 bel 1 project a couple of weeks ago. I have to wait a couple more weeks for my buddy to bring it to me from California. Trying my best to be patient but its tough. lol.
Nice car you have there.

We went with a ‘65 4 speed. Wanted to keep the bolt on driveshaft.
They're tough to find. I've been looking for something for my '65. I've started looking at 5 speeds, for some better mileage. Thanks for the response.

Auto Transport Service
Back