• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Dodge Coronet K - Frame information needed.

aldal

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
I want to buy and install a QA1 tubular K member for my 1965 Dodge Coronet. My problem is that they only list it on their website for 66 to 70 B bodies and I am not sure if that will work on my 65. Any facts on the subject would be greatly appreciated:icon_eyes: as my head is about to explode trying to sift threw all the information.

It wil bolt right in. Now the "additional quirks"........
It will move the engine back about 1 3/4 along with the trans, so a conversion mount will be needed or modify your existing mount.
You might need a new idler arm as it is "captured" unlike your 65 idler mount that is not.

Other than those little things, your set.

Thanks for the info 5.7 hemi I really needed to see that.

No sweat. Post up some pics when you get started, we love the car ****!!

I think I left out important information - Help

In my original post I forgot to add I want to install an all aluminum Indy 572 Hemi with stock manifolds and a cross ram intake. I have now been told that I cannot use the QA1 k member with a Hemi install and the cross ram set up - is this correct? I currently have the QA1 k member and the complete cross ram set including Holley carbs. Do I send the k member back and get a Hemi k member or can I have mounts made to make it work? Any advice would be appreciated as I am stalled right now and don't know what to do. Thanks, aldal

Engine-swaps.com or Schumacher creative services, the same thing, will have conversion engine mounts for the 66' and up k frame, that should be all you need to drop in the elephant, not up to speed on what headers you will need to use.

Well I decided to send the QA1 K - member back and get the correct Hemi K - Frame and mounts from Mega Parts USA, just seemed like an easier option to make sure my crossram set up and hood scoop all fit correctly.

Auto Transport Service
Back