• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 hemi car owners manual

gtx6970

Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
The hemi cars from 1966 thru at least 1968
Have a unique owners manual for them alone. And for the most part, dang hard to find, and not cheap when you do.

In fear of having it lifted at a car show, My original stays at home under lock and key
So , I had an idea And it worked well enough to fool the masses

Mission accomplished.

Genuine article on top.
My homemade repop on the bottom.
Side by side you can instantly can tell the difference in the blue color . And Im ok with that.
Make no mistake, Up close its not going to fool anyone that truly knows what they're looking at. But for the effect, It works perfect and I can leave the original at home in the safe.

Had the original scanned at OfficeMax on adhesive type shipping labels. I ruined the 1st label trying to get it on straight. And once its stuck, Its near impossible to get back off in one piece. Luckily, I had several made
A little trimming here and there . A bit tedious laying the new on top of a repop non hemi car manual to get it straight.

But this way I can feel OK with displaying it at shows

Repop.Owners-manual.jpg

Pretty cool. What’s discussed on the inside?

@gtx6970
I haven't seen that one

how many pages is it
(I wonder if I can see it online, Hamtramck ?)
can you photo & post a few of the better pages & special or specific info ?

do you have the one for a 68 also ?
if so ? could you do the same if you would...

thanks in advance

Info inside is basically exact same as a standard owners manual.
With an extra page or 2 related to the street hemi

No one repops any of the hemi specific versions that I know of.
I had the fear of my original disappearing at a show.
And I know someone who in fact had just that happen to them and his 66 hemi coronet version.

I do not have have any other manuals I can copy.
But feel there is a market for them.

Ali anyone has an original to loan.
I would love to talk about it.

A few pages are different.
Biggest difference. Is inside back cover.
Original hemi version on top

One of the repops on bottom

I do have an original non hemi manual. But can't get to it right now.

20241005_071629.jpg

20241005_071625.jpg

20241005_071614.jpg

Very nice! Yes, the ones that come up for sale are in the $450.+ range. I'm fortunate to have my original. It was sent to me by the seller later, after he found it. I also don't keep it in the car.

Very nice! Yes, the ones that come up for sale are in the $450.+ range. I'm fortunate to have my original. It was sent to me by the seller later, after he found it. I also don't keep it in the car.
Nice, I reached out to the previous owner of my car from the late 90s and he luckily, still had it and a few other pieces of OEM literature. Its nos , not the OEM to the car

I think I bought it all for about $200-250 range 3-1/2 years ago

I didn't know at the time the manuals were unique to hemi cars. Priced a few after and I was shocked at how much.

I wanted something to display with the car and a manual worth that much I was not gonna lay out in the sun and pray it didnt get four finger lifted when I wasnt looking

Im in my homemade repops cheap enough. If it disappears. I'll be pissed , But I'll make another one

Auto Transport Service
Back