• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1967 Coronet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I need to sell her. Either as parts or as a whole. Price is $8500 for everything.
Look at the project here on FBBO under Yankee Express.
Let me know of any offers or needs.
Car is located in Leicester, Vermont.
Will ship.
1967 Coronet 500 one off, full on custom. 1972 440 Magnum, 727, 8 3/4.
List of mods:

Front to back------ Front bumper sectioned, shortened, turn signal rectangular holes filled, recurved to fit the new fender noses and to hug the sheet metal. Also enlarged the center license plate cut out into a ram airduct.
1967 Charger grill and revolving headlights. Custom electric headlight motors, mounts and linkages.
Front fender noses swept back to a 90* angle ( Think 70 Road Runner).
Front disc brakes swap using 76 Aspen spindles and new bearings, rotors, powder coated calipers, pads and hoses.
All rubber bumpers and bearings replaced.
Inner fender close out smooth panels to hide wiring etc.
Smooth firewall with relocated wiper motor to under dash as is everything previously on the firewall.
Racing style battery box behind passenger seat...includes new black and red wires in 10 foot lengths.
Wiring pass through tubes running along outside of inner fender just below the fender mounting flanges and into the cab through the firewall.
Rubber Audi wiring passthrough boots in the door frames.
2004 Audi A6 Quattro dash/console /steering and center pull E Brake. And everything in/on the dash console too.
Audi door panel elements fabricated into new panels that align with the Audi dash.
Puddle lights on door undersides and rear facing marker lights on the rear face of the inner door surface, so it can be seen when the door is opened.
Power everything.
Custom steering linkages Borgeson and Flaming River.
New dual M/C and new hoses/lines. And proportioning valve
10 way, power/heated bucket seats leather.
1967 Plymouth Sport Fury rear seat topper mounted just behind bucket seat tops and close out roadster type panels from there to the back glass. (Think 59 Corvette)
spare tire under the roadster panels in what would have been the center of the rear seat. Close out panel between cab and trunk.
Fabricated shift linkage and lever. Hand made pistol grip and reverse lock out.
Fake quarter panel side scoops opened up.
dual RULLO motorcycle pop up gas filler caps, one on top of each quarter near the trunk lid front corners.
fabricated the entire rear face of the car to accept 1966 Thunder Bird tail lights.
Trunk lid on gas lifts
17 gallon fuel cell with dual filler necks.
trunk close out panels
rear wells tubbed
leaf springs relocated to under the frame rails using Mancini Racing kit
center pull E Brake handle & cables
moved spring perches
removed spare tire well
1970 Road Runner rear bumper lengthened 3 5/8" and recurved to hug the sheet metal. TTI 3" exhaust to exit through those back up light holes.
Shaved gas filler door
Replaced the 318 with a 1972 440 Magnum, +0.40
Replaced tired 727 with a 1974 727 from behind a 440 6PK.
So, lots to see and like. Needs to be reassembled, finished. Engine is assembled and on a stand. Trans needs valve body and pan bolted on, t converter put on.
Interior is at the point where it can be assembled. Needs to be wired.
missing the intermediate long brake line. Missing the transmission lines. all else is there.
Look through the thread.

ENGINE:

72 440 Magnum, machine work done by RPM RACING ENGINES. Including: Clean engine and parts, replace cam bearings ( PD-17), R&R pistons, recondition rods, check bore alignment, polish forged steel crankshaft ( +.010), hone block, rebore block to +0.040.
Parts included by shop: rod bearings CB 527P, main bearings MS2324P, moly ring set 2M-692 .040, Melling high volume oil pump M-63-HV, 8ea TRW Speed Pro forged pistons L2266F .040, set valve stem seals LVS-1075
Total shop bill $1925.00

Transmission:

1974 # PK3681866 4588 6048

Disassembled and case inspected and cleaned/ painted, all parts inspected.
10 sprag springs used, 4 & 5 disc clutches, Red Eagle Racing frictions, Black Kolene steels, 4 pinion planetaries, 3.8 ratio apply lever billet steel, billet aluminum band strut, stock aluminum accumulator, bronze bushing for converter, overall end play .025 or less, geartrain end play .010-020, new filter, Transgo TF-2, stock valve body. 13" converter, hardened shafts.

Current state of the car: It's a roller with front and back suspension complete and steering hooked up. Hand brake works. Audi Mock up dash and console mounted in car, shift lever mounted, front grill shell head light bucket support frame bolted on, bucket motors bolted in place. MC bolted to firewall, wiper motor and arms mounted under dash, '66 T Bird tail lights in place minus bulbs. Front and rear bumpers in place. Marker and puddle lights in place on doors, upper door treatments in place to align with dash ends. Quarter window mechanisms in place. Pop up filler caps in place. All glass is good , tinted green, and inside car.
New parts:
front & rear windshield rubber, door window fuzzies kit, trunk seal, carpet, shocks, bushings, bumpers, rotors, calipers, pads, wheel cylinders, shoes, springs, bearings and races, wheels and tires, brake hoses, and some lines, leaf spring pads and clamps, leaf spring relocation kit, Rullo pop up caps, dual fill neck aluminum fuel tank 17 gallon w/ roll over valve and vent, 66 Thunderbird tail light lenses and gaskets, restored and painted head light buckets and turn signal housings and grill shell 67 Charger, racing style plastic battery box, positive and negative battery cables in 10 foot lengths, door release handle linkages, + more...

20210825_114234 - Copy.jpg

20210826_144840 - Copy.jpg

custom headlight motors installed.jpg

mock up (2).jpg

restored grill.jpg

20221105_121931.jpg

20221105_122153.jpg

20221105_163001.jpg

20230126_135628.jpg

0.40 pistons installed in new bores - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a lot of work. Like the color
Years worth. Not everyone knows it but i'm 100% disabled, 100% combat connected, with TBI, and PTSD. I cannot learn new things. I only can do stuff I already knew pre TBI. So, to assemble the trans I had the help of Tom Hand. Look him up. He's the #1 Mopar 727 guy on Earth. He walked me through everything step by step over several weeks. The engine assembly I mostly knew but got help from the shop who did the machine work for me, RPM Racing Engines. The sheet metal work I already knew mostly and got help from some pals on several Rat Rod/ Custom sites.
The Painting I had to read up and do what I had read on that day. Then, the next day, start over and read up again and continue. It took me a long time...
It may not be concours level but it's pretty good considering my limitations. I wish I could finish it but I cannot. I need it gone.

Make me a good offer and we will see. The body has new metal in places and the bodywork is good. Three coats of grey epoxy over a bare body. PPG paint, Copper Metallic. I would be willing to set the motor in the bay with the trans. and place all else in the car for shipping. Has new door and glass seals. front and back windshield rubber. If I sold the motor/ trans separately would get 3-4000, the front end revolving headlights being restored would bring big dollars, Tires are brand new, wheels are brand new, 3" exhaust, all the glass is tinted and in good nick, I mean parting it out would get good bucks. New parts all over it.

I love the job you did grafting in the 66 T-bird
taillights into the body! It looks terrific, and you should be proud of the job YOU did on your car! Stay well, and good luck selling it.
I am proud of it, it was a real bear to figure out and make happen.

Like I said, I would call three transport companies and ask that question to get an average. It will cost more because it has to be pushed onto and off the transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back