• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 GTX (not mine) looks nice AND reasonable

00D0D_6r4s8I3Lhui_600x450.jpg

Looks like a killer deal. Is this what good to great classic Mopars with a 440 and ARENT a Charger go for? If I'm ever in the market to replace the charger maybe I'll skip the 2nd gen charger stupidity and get a car like this one.

Edit: just read the work that was done to it: that 518 mod makes it a hit with me. What's a posse track though? Love everything else about it...

Last edited:
Solid $30k car. If you like the color combo and auto trans? And it's a solid 4 out of 5 condition (5 being concourse level condition?) A no fear purchase.

Well I'm sure the resto-mod vibe will throw off a lot of people but those mods are exactly what I would do if i owned it and started from scratch...

We may be witnessing the beginning of panic selling. And angry wife selling. And financial advisor advice selling. Obviously, the investor grade market is mostly exempt. Looks like a sweet deal for someone.

We may be witnessing the beginning of panic selling. And angry wife selling. And financial advisor advice selling. Obviously, the investor grade market is mostly exempt. Looks like a sweet deal for someone.
the beginning?
more like yall are just noticing,because you guys focus on the crazy charger prices.

ive been pointing this trend out before the virus crap ever started and that is gonna affect the market bigtime this year.
ive seen 426 hemi motors for 20 grand,complete Nice cars like that gtx going for 20-30k and even a richmond six speed trans went for 1200 last nite with a pistol grip shifter too.
a Lot of these deals are cars/parts you couldnt get cheaper somewheres else and damm sure couldnt Build the car that cheap.
looks like the the bottom might fall out this year,the marketplace is actually getting flooded.

Actually I love that color combo. Looks rich to me with the black vinyl top. Thirty grand. Looks like a steel.

lol..nobody wants to discuss reality.
okay,well ill leave this here then,and ask yourselves how much a 528 costs to build.

1969 Plymouth barracuda drag car. Fresh rebuilt 528 back half car with four link suspension Dana 60 rear and 456 gears Car ran 950s in the 1/4 $6500 firm
432343506944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=TU49xJ4TZEsAX8WLWVy&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

590983585792_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=DTX5yx6ByiAAX_XnDMS&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

232642482176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=PPQb3EvK31sAX_3wNj0&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Last edited:
the beginning?
more like yall are just noticing,because you guys focus on the crazy charger prices.

ive been pointing this trend out before the virus crap ever started and that is gonna affect the market bigtime this year.
ive seen 426 hemi motors for 20 grand,complete Nice cars like that gtx going for 20-30k and even a richmond six speed trans went for 1200 last nite with a pistol grip shifter too.
a Lot of these deals are cars/parts you couldnt get cheaper somewheres else and damm sure couldnt Build the car that cheap.
looks like the the bottom might fall out this year,the marketplace is actually getting flooded.
Oh, I agree with you. I too have noticed that people have been slowly turning their backs on increasingly ridiculous prices for maybe a year. I just think the Wuhan Virus has kicked people off their barstools so to speak.

While it would have been nice if he had posted a pic or two of the motor, he did say "More pictures available upon request" at the end of the description.

1 car sale, in South Bend Indiana doesn't make a market trend...

it's a great appearing car, I like the build style
needs some cool wheels & tire combo
looks like a great buy opportunity, for those that like it...

I get Carsonline classic cars weekly newsletter on Friday around dinnertime. they have the new listings and the price reduced listings. The latter has gotten quite long the last 6 months. Not everyone is concerned or panicked, but there is definitely a vibe out there.

lol..nobody wants to discuss reality.
okay,well ill leave this here then,and ask yourselves how much a 528 costs to build.

1969 Plymouth barracuda drag car. Fresh rebuilt 528 back half car with four link suspension Dana 60 rear and 456 gears Car ran 950s in the 1/4 $6500 firm
View attachment 940793
View attachment 940794

View attachment 940795
Is this yours? Wish I had the coin because it would be mine if the inner workings looked like the outer shell. And had the same wheels on one of my flat bed trailers except no trim rings.

Is this yours? Wish I had the coin because it would be mine if the inner workings looked like the outer shell. And had the same wheels on one of my flat bed trailers except no trim rings.
That is a steal. Imagine a thousand deals like that come 2021. Depending on what "crisis" is served to us. If you believe the economy doesnt recover from its death wobble. Just sayin...

Auto Transport Service
Back