• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Road Runner factory colors

6t6

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Hello! Could anyone please tell me if the bright color factory green that came on '69 road runners, was also a factory color for '68 road runners? Thank you. Hope everyone has a great 2012 cruise season

here ya go....doesn't look like it though

Attachments

• 1969-plymouth-pc.jpg
    1969-plymouth-pc.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 28,258
  • 1968-plymouth-pc.jpg
    1968-plymouth-pc.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 22,217
Couple of paint chips

Here's a couple more for you guy that have 68-69 Dodge or Chryslers, some are the same colors named different on the other Ma Mopar's brands... Sorry I couldn't find the rest...

Attachments

• Mopar Paint Chips 1968-Dodge-pc #1.jpg
    Mopar Paint Chips 1968-Dodge-pc #1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 6,284
Here's a couple more for you guy that have 68-69 Dodge or Chryslers, some are the same colors named different on the other Ma Mopar's brands... Sorry I couldn't find the rest...

Am I missing the boat here. Black is not on any of these sheets and I thought it was a factory color for both years.:headbang:

No Black humm, I never noticed that... good catch, I guess Black is Black unless it's a poly or clear coat base coat, semi gloss, low gloss like 30 degree black, flat or ultra flat....

LOL......oh this clears it RIGHT UP. JJ1 apparently has 4 shades. As far as I can tell the JJ1 Sovereign Gold Plymouth color is the match based on numerous chip charts. this thread points out my original frustration several charts not many consistent

Am I missing the boat here. Black is not on any of these sheets and I thought it was a factory color for both years.:headbang:
Black is on every chart, there's no chip for it, because it's .. just... black. X9 was the gloss enamel black the cars were finished in.

Hello! Could anyone please tell me if the bright color factory green that came on '69 road runners, was also a factory color for '68 road runners? Thank you. Hope everyone has a great 2012 cruise season
No. It was a 69 color.

Rallye Green is my favorite green from the hundreds of shades of green that Chrysler offered. :D
82B4194F-76FB-4477-8241-EBEA719E4336.jpeg
CB291DF7-28CF-4329-BC3C-5F558E437890.jpeg

I was 11 years younger when this thread started. :(

Auto Transport Service
Back