• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 B BODY CONVERTIBLE BELT TRIM

paul1969cars

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a question. i got my 69 roadrunner from canada. For some reason when they painted the car over they installed the belt moldings with snaps as you can see in this photo of the red car.
I purchased an original set and had them cleaned up.

I have attached a picture of the clips that are in the belt moldings.

My question is how do you fasten the original belt moldings to the car panels with these clips?

Is there another female or male clip that gets fastened to the car then these clip together

or do I removed these clips from belt moldings, screw them to body panels and slide these belt moldings over the clips?

Im stumped

Thanks
IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

They get a pan head Phillips sheet metal screw from under the "dutchmen" panel. Be careful as many use too long of a screw and end up with "pencil point" out dents or worse since you are in the trunk when installing them, I have seen them screwed up through the stainless!

They did that on my 68 and I have stunning trim that someone filled full of holes... hoping to get it repaired.

If you need a pic of some those screws I can get those for you.

Here is what they look like..

IMG_7954.jpeg

Those are not correct... And they look much to long...
Thanks

I will figure out the screw size

my question was how is the trim clips actually held to the car panels. and if it is from the under side of the truck then i can figure he screws out.

thanks

Those are not correct...Or at least they aren't what my three convertibles came with... And they look much to long...
They were in 2 of the convertibles I had and did not go through the stainless when installed so they are clearly not too long. Since they both had them I figured they were correct. Show what yours are just to compare…

Last edited:
They were in 2 of the convertibles I had and did not go through the stainless when installed so they are clearly not too long. Since they both had them I figured they were correct. Show what your are just to compare…
THANKS

SEEMS RIGHT

They were in 2 of the convertibles I had and did not go through the stainless when installed so they are clearly not too long. Since they both had them I figured they were correct. Show what yours are just to compare…
I looked for the set that are off the car today but had no luck finding them... Hopefully I find them before I need them... The other two sets are on finished cars so I don't plan to remove them... But they are similar to this from McMaster Carr They are really flat so they don't chafe the top....

GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg

I looked for the set that are off the car today but had no luck finding them... Hopefully I find them before I need them... The other two sets are on finished cars so I don't plan to remove them... But they are similar to this from McMaster Carr They are really flat so they don't chafe the top....

View attachment 1739790
Thanks. Mine shown are really flat with a larger head than normal not much different other being "round" not much difference. The ones I showed were some that were off a set of belt moldings I sold with out the clips/screws. I do have another set of well surround trim somewhere that may still have the screws in them but don't have time to dig. I also have a bag of those special clips that may have some screws.

Same as me.. I have a bag of spares.. Cause if you have them you won't need them...

Auto Transport Service
Back