• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Centre console issue

Slob

Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Hi there, I am fitting up my Centre console after a full floor replacement. I am wondering if the Centre console is meant to sit straight on the floor or have a slight lean to the Left? I see my bracket for the shifter plate and rear mounting plate that the console screws to has a lean to the left on it so not sure if it was like this from factory or if i need to shim it level before install.
Also it looks like looking from the back of the console it sits to the driver side more than the passenger side of the drive shaft tunnel.
Thanks again

another search on our site Console Installation
Thanks Dave. my brackets are already welded in and carpet is in. I put a level on the front bracket that holds the shifter just where the console sits to screw it on and it has a lean to the passenger side yet the top where the shifter mounts is straight.
The rear bracket is the same it has a lean to the left-hand side.

Maybe shim with washers to level it out?
Yea im thinking that too. Just wanted to see if someone else had the same issue. The front console mount looks like it was welded like that from factory.
Thanks again

I agree with Davek Just put a washer or two there
Thanks for that, I think the back bracket is slightly out as I need top push the back of the plastic console over to the passenger side about 1/2 an inch to get the screws in.
Hopefully it wont affect the fitting of the top plates.

Thanks for that, I think the back bracket is slightly out as I need top push the back of the plastic console over to the passenger side about 1/2 an inch to get the screws in.
Hopefully it wont affect the fitting of the top plates.
You could slot the holes on the inside of the console.

Auto Transport Service
Back