• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T seats, leather or vinyl?

QOTHL

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Just want any opinions on what I should do for these seats. The "dilemma" is that the fender tag decodes as vinyl and don't know if I should stay with that or do the buckets in leather? Is it unusual for an R/T to have vinyl?

The fender tag also does not have an AO1 code but the hood is cut out for the turn signals. Someone knowledgable told me that could have been dealer installed or ordered after factory build by the customer. It's a cool feature and will install those.
Thanks for any suggestions, advice.

As far as i know (without rechecking the sales brochure) most are upholstered in vinyl and even the SE package was not 100% leather but both vinyl paired with real leather inserts.
I once seen one that got upholstered in leather during restoration - maybe even was from legendary - but did not liked how that looked very much.
But of course that also depends on which material you use and if you do it correctly.

Personally i would keep it vinyl (factory specs) but otherwise would make sure it really looks good bevor doing the whole interior. :)

As far as i know (without rechecking the sales brochure) most are upholstered in vinyl and even the SE package also was not 100% leather but both vinyl paired with real leather inserts.
I once seen one that got upholstered in leather during restoration - maybe even was from legendary - but did not liked how that looked very much.
But of course that also depends on which material you use and if you do it correctly.

Personally i would keep it vinyl (factory specs) but but otherwise would make sure it really looks good bevor doing the whole interior. :)

I'm not sure what leather/vinyl seats you saw, the black ones I put in my R/T SE look great! No, the factory seats were not 100% leather, but the fender code is different for each as I'm sure you know. I didn't lose any points for the seats I did. Thanks!

Just want any opinions on what I should do for these seats. The "dilemma" is that the fender tag decodes as vinyl and don't know if I should stay with that or do the buckets in leather? Is it unusual for an R/T to have vinyl?

The fender tag also does not have an AO1 code but the hood is cut out for the turn signals. Someone knowledgable told me that could have been dealer installed or ordered after factory build by the customer. It's a cool feature and will install those.
Thanks for any suggestions, advice.
I thought the hood turn signal indicators didn't fall under the A01 code. My thinking was the A01 package would be like glovebox light trunk light and possibly a console light.

If car is an original R/TSE it would have leather front seats and the woodgrain dash. The hood turn indicators were an option. If the car did not have indicators in the hood, there was block off plates in the holes.

5.jpg

Genuine leather and vinyl front bucket seats

So the seats are part leather, part vinyl from the factory if you got an SE.
Just as i said above.

Well i guess if done correctly by a pro leather will look just as good.
But i dont know if i would mix real leather and vinyl. but even that seems to work fine as even dodge did it themselves for their SE package.

View attachment 960689

So the seats are part leather, part vinyl from the factory if you got an SE.
Just as i said above.

Well i guess if done correctly by a pro leather will look just as good.
But i dont know if i would mix real leather and vinyl. but even that seems to work fine as even dodge did it themselves for their SE package.
And the A01 package is described to a T.

Auto Transport Service
Back