• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner Courtesy Lights?

prvtmotors

Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Just finished up a long 4 years of building and the only thing I'm missing is interior lighting. There are a few old bulbs under my dash with pigtails connecting to the harness that are either courtesy lights or ignition lights, etc. Replacing the door jamb switches in a moment to get them to work but hoping yall can snap a picture of WHERE exactly your under dash interior lights are located??

IMG_6308.jpg

There were no under dash courtesy lights in a 69 roadrunner that I’ve ever seen or heard of, factory anyways. Must be dash lights or aftermarket add ons.

I think with the light package you got momentary ignition switch light, glove box light, trunk light and center console lights. Dash light, ashtray and dome light were standard. Shouldn't be any other lights besides the gauge cluster lights that I can think of.

Yup. If ya dropped something on the floor at night you had to use your Zippo to find it !!

Only the convertibles got an under-dash light; no roof for a dope ...er DOME light, ya know.:fool:

There is a switched light just to the right of the radio.

20240623_175222.jpg

I think with the light package you got momentary ignition switch light, glove box light, trunk light and center console lights. Dash light, ashtray and dome light were standard. Shouldn't be any other lights besides the gauge cluster lights that I can think of.
So then what is the purpose of the door jamb switches?

Door jam switch does the dome light. It might even do the map light by the radio. Haven’t paid much attention but I think I see that one when I get in my GTX.

The ignition light has a little canister deal that controls it. Think that is thirty seconds.

Auto Transport Service
Back