• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR rear glass seal?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
My oldest friend is restoring a Road Runner for his daughter and is having trouble finding the seal "flap" for the glass? He has a metal strip with attached rubber seal (decomposing). Can anyone school me on this design? Thanks!
Mike

Go with the 3/8ths. I used the 5/16ths because I read on here somewhere that the 3/8ths was too thick and the outer trim wouldn't fit correctly. Man was that a bad decision.
After a summer of shows in the hot sun with the 5/16ths has squished down and started pushing the interior trim away from the headliner. Good winter project for me to fix.
Again, go with the 3/8ths.

Are you talking about the rear quarter glass?
I think you may have something there considering the detail. Rear glass, back glass... guys need to be more specific.

Rear SIDE glass is also covered in my Superbird cleanup thread for Talladega in 2019.. how to do the stapled on inner seal and outer catwhisker.

Auto Transport Service
Back