• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee Quarter Panels Replacement

moparmusclecars

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
I am going to replace both quarter panels and truck floor. I will not be pulling the rear end. Is it best to leave this car sitting on the ground as normal when replacing these panels? Which order should i do the replacement in. Can i simply jack the car up and put jack stands under both sides on the rear axle? I was going to do one panel (and maybe the trunk) and then do the other panel. Do I need to run braces across the rear of the car when replacing a quarter panel?I use to hear some real nightmares where nothing lined up once the quarter was cut off the car, is this true? I don't have a jig or anything to set it up on. It's either just leave it as it sits on the floor, or use jack stands. I just don't want problems with my gaps afterwards. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a raw beginner at this body repair work, but I was watching an episode of "Chop Cut rebuild" where they had the quarter and tail panel off and had to spread everything to get the trunk lid to fit again. Braces won't hurt, that's for sure, and test fitting things before doing a lot of the final welding is probably a good idea too.

FWIW I replaced one door jamb, and have another one out right now, and I braced the quarter to the floor using a piece of 1/2" tubing. Once I started banging on things to get the welds apart, I was glad I did it. So far I've been able to keep the car on the ground, but I've got a patch panel job coming where I'll probably have to jack the car up and stick a stand under the axle tube.

are you doing a one piece trunk floor or two piece?If you are using the existing frame rails then i would put the jack stands under the frame and get a level to make sure it is even.putting the stands under the axle might throw things off cause your springs might set one side lower/higher than the other.I haven't gotten that far into my rebuild on my car but there are several other threads here that you can view to get a good understanding on what they have done.hope that helps,maybe somebody here can add in some more.

Auto Transport Service
Back