• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible R/T 440 Six Pack Clone with fire damage (For auction, not mine)

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
Just found this car for sale:

17740819775c4f10a075b920e376ee95_hrs.jpg

Since it's a clone i have a hard time putting a value on it.
But I feel that the current bid of $41,025 is already the upper end for a 1970 318 challenger convertible with some kind of 440 engine, fire damage (which seems minor, i know) and a rebuildable title?

But it looks like a nice car. I would recover the bucket seats and rear bench with black leather though.
Alternatively change the door panels to white.

To bad it will have a salvage title. Damage looks minor. 41k too high. You can find a complete nice convertible clone in the 55-60k range.

They do seem to have gone up some
Here is one listed FEBO for 77k
I still think something like this, the OP would be further ahead then the fire damaged one with a salvage title.

Well i think it also depends on what exact 440 engine (and driveline) this is.
If this is a true 1970 440 Six Pack Engine / Driveline it would be obviously worth more than if its out of an RV dressed with a Six Pack.

If this is a true 1970 440 Six Pack Engine / Driveline it would be obviously worth more than if its out of an RV dressed with a Six Pack.
What ever the engine is it's not original to the car so whether it's a true 70 V code block or a later block it makes no significant difference to the value of the car...

The only problem is challenger convertibles don't grow on trees.

Well i can't wait to see what it will finally sell for in less than 2 days. :)

That engine is probably full of water from being extinguished.

Easy to say now of course but that $41k was enough for that car.

Auto Transport Service
Back