• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 F440 HP Info

gtxdana

Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1970 F440 HP block and was looking for some info on what it might have come out of. 0G250865 is the VIN. Seller said it came out of his Super Bee that he wrecked 35 years ago. It came with the steel crank, six pack rods and a six balancer that the front face is scalloped, not flat, but it has the elliptical forged crank/heavy rod counterweight.

I have a 1970 F440 HP block and was looking for some info on what it might have come out of. 0G250865 is the VIN. Seller said it came out of his Super Bee that he wrecked 35 years ago. It came with the steel crank, six pack rods and a six balancer that the front face is scalloped, not flat, but it has the elliptical forged crank/heavy rod counterweight.

All that can be told from those number is that it was in a 1970 car made at St. Loius, ...... except in the unlikely event that someone knows the car with a VIN ending in those last six numbers.

All that can be told from those number is that it was in a 1970 car made at St. Loius, ...... except in the unlikely event that someone knows the car with a VIN ending in those last six numbers.
The 0G is the easy part. I think there are some out there with some info on the VIN sequence numbers.

Flip that baby over and give us the pan-rail numbers?

Thats all you're going to find on a '70 440 block.
Bummer. Thinking about it, I've got an F383 HP sittin' on the stand right now and it sure-enough has no pan-rail numbers.
RM21/23V, RS23/27UorV, WM21/23V, WS23/27U, XS29UorV are probably the possibilities for the balance of the VIN I guess then?
Edit: add RM27V to that mix?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back